Steinberg offers their Quarantine Elements package free

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by OrchFan, Apr 25, 2020.

1. OrchFan

OrchFan Ultrasonic

So, Just to let you all know.Steinberg is offering their free Quarantine package - a 60 days license for Dorico,Nuendo and Cubase Elements edition and perhaps some other Element version products as well(forgot the names...my bad ) to all their existing customers.So if you own a Steinberg product,even the ones which came with your hardware then you're eligible to try them out for 60 days

3. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

so generous of them. this will generate a lot of hype on twitter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. OrchFan

OrchFan Ultrasonic

Yes.That's a way to make new customers as well, people who will build habit of using their software for writing and producing music will end up buying it.A short trial makes you buy the software for its features , a longer trial on the other hand will put people into a habit of doing their work with the software which converts them into customers or potential future customers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Like 2 months ago I was joking about "people are bored at home with their credit cards, they should do a Corona Black Friday every friday".
    One month ago with the first corona-discount I commented here in another thread "guess that's not a joke anymore"

Now I've lost count of all the marketing launches with the confinement. Which I find nice, BTW, don't get me wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

I'd rather watch them announce something like:
    -current cubase pro/retrologue 2 owners: you can pick the retrologue soundbanks, for 5 euros, instead of 35 or 40 euros
    Or
    - current halion 6 owners, you can buy the halion extensions, for 70% less
    Or
    - non cubase users can download cubase 10.5 PRO + halion sonic and FULLY USE IT for 90 days.

Dozens of thousands of guys wouldn't say no to 3 months of cubase 10.5 pro ! And because they would make 3 or 4 tracks with it, and enjoy using it, a bunch of those guys would end up buying a full version of cubase.

THIS would be a fantastic marketing, totally free marketing. With a ton of potential sales after the 90 days.
    But as usual, there must be some ultra greedy guys @ the Steinberg administration. They only invest 10 cts if they are sure those 10 cts will make 10 euros.

Then, let's not forget... at the end, all these bits of software... have no real value. Unlike a pile of wood, 100 liters of milk, or 1 ton of wheat flour, these 'products' are just a file made of some compiled code, placed on a server, that can be replicated and sold 1 trillion times, without any extra cost.

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Thanks Steiny, but I'll stick to my fully working and feature-full Reaper, instead of trying out completely crippled version of any of your software. I'm so glad I got rid of working in Cubase habit about 13 years ago when it crashed on me in the middle of the project for the last time, pretty much when Reaper appeared. Got onto the Cockos wagon and never looked back since.

This is just pure marketing and taking advantage of the bad situation the world is currently in in a most disgusting way, by trying to attract new customers with *crippled* products that a lot of guys get for free with their audio interface or a card anyway. So instead of giving you accolades, I say shame on you Steinberg. Not to say something much worse, it is a polite forum. :wink:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. OrchFan

OrchFan Ultrasonic

I know how it feels when you lose a project midway.Happened to me a few times with FL,all inspiration just gets fucked up.I hope Cubase isn't that bad now.