Steinberg new Groove Agent 4 - why i won't buy it

Discussion in 'Software News' started by 2poor2, Aug 17, 2014.

1. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

so, being a very happy groove agent one 4 SE edition user, i could only be happy when learning steinberg were making a Groove agent 4 version of it. i imagined there would be tons of new cool and useful features, a better interface, and many other things. well, i just read the whole manual, and for sure, i'm not going to upgrade.

what was i expecting from the new version ? at least, i wanted a resizable UI, a la Halion.

3. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

I hate walls of text! :rofl:

Thanks anyway! :wink:

4. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

I think your comments should be said and laughed at on the steinberg forums but then again why would you go there it makes more drama here.

:rofl:

5. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

awe the over hyped topics of Steinberg just as Protools folks do! :rofl:

Use LogicX or Cakewalks Sonar, or Studio One then life is Good

6. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

steinberg could make groove agent 4 on a 320x240 pixels interface, most people would still applaud for the best UI ever made. that's called blind fans.

7. Engernettix

Engernettix Newbie

Looks a lot like Sonic SE, Padshop and the other two crude clones. Steinberg are on some cheap ass money grabbing scheme! Love the advert screen shot 'Buy our 6 amazing drum-kits for 59 euros Each'. God dammit Steinberg? What happened to you???

8. Elloo

Elloo Newbie

Well said McCookie, long commentary but I hope Steinberg pays some attention to the several good points you raised. Will benefit us all immensely I think!

9. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

this called screen are photoshoped and a fake , this advert buy screen isnĀ“t original and not in the original software !

bs

10. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

Wow guys, can't you all see this was me photoshoping to show how I would like ga4 interface to look like... lol
    Ah OK, your cubase 5 doesn't come with gao4 ss, right.for those who use it, of course. :)

11. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

here is a REAL wall of text, from berlin. still don't like it ? :)
    [​IMG]

12. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

That color scheme is horrible.. gaudy yellow, pukey purple and limeish green.. reminds me of candy mints..

Then they overlay flat, medium grey text for the labels...

Its not good for me, the whole pastel thing with fonts overlaid that aren't matched to the color underneath.

The Pads should look electronic, backlit, LED'ish.. not like little Chalk Chiclets.

13. chd

chd Newbie

somebody went crazy with GIMP lol...look at that "options" label not aligned to the center(button)...its true, there are no bad colors only bad color schemes but this is a GUI mismatch of epic proportions considering its a pricey, dongle protected Steinborg product...not hating for real but lol nevertheless

14. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

so, NO, your advice regarding logicX, it's not possible :) sonar and studio one, why not.. :wink:

15. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Kapellmeister

Hello,

WOW! That is a really long post :wow: I guess this one I will just print it and read it on my commute home. :wink:
    Thank you for the feedback much obliged.

Best regards,
    GN

16. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

wow, someone from Steinberg... ^^^^
    does anyone know some cave, in siberia or tibet mountains, where i can hide, for the next months ? :wow:

and i wanted to create a new post with +40 ideas for features and other missing things that probably no other daw has, for cubase 7.5, well commented how-why with photoshop mockups... but now i won't have internet in my cave @ tibet :(

17. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

for those who still care about this thread... :)

just made a final mockup, of what i'd need, as an interface for Groove agent 4.
    changed : i just put the little spectrum analyser under the file browser, on the right hand side. since i wouldn't be working on that spectrum analyser, like on cubase EQ, the sole purpose would be showing a quick spectrum analysis of the selected sample.no need for it to be really big, like on the mockup 2. even with a small size, it would be cool,as we could see if there are any low frequencies, on something like an hihat sample, which normally shouldn't have any 20-200Hz frequencies... we'd automatically know that we need to cut out some frequencies, whether we'd do it on GA4 by inserting an equalizer as an insert effect, or by editing the 1/ 16th track, directly on the Cubase's EQ.

[​IMG]