Steinberg just posted this.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by hackerz4life, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

This sounds to me like "let's see how much shit our customers can eat and then we reduce the very minimum"

Edited: not like it's the first time nor first company to do it

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Maybe that is a whole point, but comparing to previous licensing model i dont see here some disvantage ...
    This sounds more generous, but for sure i would 't be surprised if they give up to 5 activations, because anyways, you can use just on one pc at the time just like Adobe does, and that is shite...

Regarding active interner internet connection i just realized what they have wrote :

"it won’t need to contact our Steinberg Licensing server again for the purposes of activation."

What that means? It is bit confusing to me!
    Because they nowhere have said that once you activate your license, you can go offline, like iLok license manager does, or not?

So maybe internet connection will be must, idk bro, but for sure, at the time they are brainfaking all the users now ...

They are waiting for k'ed Cubase 11 to get out, so they can finalize their licensing model....
    In this moment they are not threatened, so they can do what they want and give as much as they want, but once they get cracked with Cubase 11, for sure they will cutoff a lot of benefits to users, like this, no internet for good....
    This will be a good charade to watch, but for legit users will be pain...
    Anyways, I am bit happy, because they will be easer to get cracked... I hope they will not raise the bar over iLok cloud, because iLok is hard enough to defeat with all those layers of protections R2R mentioned in their info....

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Darkhorizon

Darkhorizon Member

Chupala Steinberg!