Steinberg just posted this.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by hackerz4life, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

okay good for you. Licensing model maybe sucks, but that would not make people to switch because of that, believe me as long they are legit users. So from my perspective that is bunch of nonsense talking, like Steiny will listen to someone...
    Have fun life with Reaper i will continue to use Cubase and that is all.

Yes. Imagine this situation, you are at restaurant and you are eating you favorite food like all the others in there , then all of sudden comes some random guy approach to your and others table and yells,to all of you stop eating that lame food, it is not healthy, it is not good, have a lot of fat, etc... You will either punch him in the face, or like other around you you will say what is this fool talking about. Who gives a fuck what do I eat. So reaper users should really take it easy with reaper because you are doing the exact same thing.
    You are not using Cubase, but still you are mad with Steinberg because they are changing license model... In my logic that have no sense at all.I mean how that affects you...
    In short, Why would i care about something i am not even interested and no planning to get interested for.
    Good night

2. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

:drummer:
    Who are you telling this to? I've already changed software due to company policy. Several times.
    Yes, please do. No one expects you to do anything else!
    I would never do something like that...

Imagine a couple of guys sitting at a table in a restaurant who are upset that the recipe for their favorite dish has changed and that it now tastes like shit. You happen to walk by the table, hear what the guys are saying, and kindly advise them to try another dish from the menu that you personally have had very good experiences with. Now one of the guys rages and cries because you dared to give him an advice that has nothing to do with his favorite dish and you wouldn't eat his favorite dish anyway, so you should shut the fuck up.... cringe... :facepalm:
    Ex Cubase/Nuendo user here. Current holder of other Steinberg software with legit licenses, even though I don't use them atm.
    Great logic :rofl:
    Btw, I'm not mad. Just amused. So don't worry about it.

Good night as well.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  3. Ambar

Ambar Producer

So that new system is easier to crack, right? I saw many other cracked soft that has the "id login" startup.

4. Noizey98

Noizey98 Ultrasonic

Wow... the way they parade this out like it's a good thing for users... More like:

"We are committed to making the most money possible (even if it means less in the long run) and couldn't give 2 fucks about your user experience."

Glad I never used any of steinberg's shit products anyway, I gues somebody has to bankrupt themselves to show the other companies what NOT to do.

5. Alleykat

Alleykat Kapellmeister

I have always hated cubase from the very core of my heart anyway

6. timer

timer Producer

In my world it's completely normal and healthy to hate your tools and the company who provides them.

I hate MacOS, because I'm using it daily, would hate windows, too, if I had installed it. Used to hate Apples product policy so much, that I build a hackintosh instead of buying hardware from them.
    That said, I really like Cubase. Logic was ok for me, also, but I don't want to depend on one single OS platform. Reaper seems to be ok also, but why should I learn another DAW anyway? My Bitwig would even run on Linux, together with the beloved U-he synths, but the rest of my tools are not ready yet and Bitwig is missing some functions I'd like to have...​

7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Incorrect. I was happy with Windows but thought the grass might be greener on the other side because of the hype. I bought in and had to use my old shitty pc until I saved enough to upgrade to a better one while the mac watched me do it and it didn't even blink once.

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Heartless. I bet it was thinking "mission accompli$hed", do what you want now :rofl:

9. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Fcuk Steinberg. There are tons of other software smiths out there. Steinberg is popular because they started early with DAW and music software where they had almost no competitors. Nowadays u can even make equal or better music with free software. Ableton's policy is the best. u can crack it eazyly and so a lotta people get the opportunity to try and experiment with their software. And after a while they buy it.
    Just think logically. For example: U as a softwaredeveloper have an uncrackable software and only, lets say 3 people who have money can afford it, and lets say it costs 1000€. So u earn in total 3000€. But on the otherhand limitless peeple have access to a software which costs also 1000€ but its not protected. What do u think about the percentage of people who would buy it because they think the devs deserve the money and because they appreciate the companys protection policy. The calculation is very eazy.

10. timer

timer Producer

It's even easier to install Windows on a Intel Mac than the other way round.
    If you bought an ARM-based Mac it should have been easy to sell it with little loss.
    So you had to save for your new pc, because it was so much more expensive than your mac?

11. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

12. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

No, because I just assumed if people talked about macs like they are so great was because everything ran on it. Then I learned that I had no idea what they were basing their reviews on because what did it even run besides logic and garageband?

I couldn't do shit on it but browse websites for a thousand sheets of papyrus so I ended up reverting back to my old shitty pc until I could get over the price of that shit mac. It was my fault for not doing more thorough research but never again. iPod nano's were okay but I will never buy another hipster computer again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. timer

timer Producer

bettercomputer.jpeg
    You should have tried this one instead:
    No hipsters anywhere (rather Mods probably), not sure about Garageband, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Friedemann Tischmeyer be like: "Damn, now I'm the only sucker left selling an EQ Plugin based on outdated Technology for 600 Euros with an additional 50 € dongle" (ThEQOrange)

15. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Well, good news guys, Steinberg just updated licensing model...
    It seems they going to be iLOK style activation.... They are definetly reading this forum :D
    And they are going better way :)

Last month we announced the details of the new Steinberg Licensing system. Based on the feedback we received from our customers, we have decided to make changes to two of the licensing terms. First, instead of #reconnecting to the internet within 30 days, once your software has been activated on your computer, it won’t need to contact our Steinberg Licensing server again for the purposes of activation. Second, we have decided to increase the maximum number of #activations from two to three computers per single-user license. Thank you for engaging in discussion with us. #steinberg #licensing #cubase #dorico #donglefree Screenshot_2.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  16. MORTIX

MORTIX Kapellmeister

Great News! 1 Time activation and can run on 3 Machines!! They listen! I love my cubase! yeah yeah there`s a lot of good DAWs but i feel comfortable in cubase.. But having to carry a usb dongle just to run a software is just stupid in 2022.. Not moving friendly! So much better this way! We will see a lot more people using cubase on Laptops too!

17. Joe Crisp

Joe Crisp Platinum Record

This comment could be used to describe Avid and Pro Tools as well......IMHO

18. anon69

anon69 Producer

Good to hear they changed it to one time activation. Now ill be ok with my free upgrade to 12 no longer have to worry. Glad that debacle is done with

19. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Great news !! :)

20. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I'm willing to bet R2R have already worked out a way of sidestepping that!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List