Steinberg dropped support for RND Portico plugins. They are unavailable for purchase

Discussion in 'Software' started by glassybrick, Jun 22, 2024 at 9:48 AM.

1. glassybrick

glassybrick Producer

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Much like VST2, Windows 7/10 & macOS Big Sur (and older), it is time to start thinking about migrating/upgrading to the latest for both hardware & software where it makes sense for you. Basically finding workarounds and/or alternate solutions.

I have updated a 2014 MacBook Air to Monterey using OpenCore as a starting point. Has been solid so far. For using Logic the starting point should be Ventura.

Also updated my older Lenovo workstation to Windows 11 using an extra 1TB HDD for dual-boot. Next experiment will be installing the drivers for a Edirol FA-101 Firewire audio interface. The Windows 10 drive has been up with the Edirol since last summer.

Doing a web search this was found at a Steinberg Support landing page:
    https://o.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_rnd_portico.html

Using the search firewire audio interface+windows 11. found the following workaround/solution as one example:
    How to Get a Firewire 400 Audio Interface Work with USB-C and Thunderbolt 4

For Windows 10 I am using a Startech PCIe Firewire card, the Legacy driver for the card & Edirol install software using just the Firewire cable from device to rear port on the PCIe card.

When/if a new workstation is bought or built, the Lenovo will become a network based audio/plug-in DSP system.