STEAM folder dissapeared

Discussion in 'Software' started by seves, Dec 31, 2014.

1. seves

seves Noisemaker

This is the first time something like this happens to me, i've been using omnisphere for a couple years now, all of a sudden my STEAM folder dissapears... It happened after the installation of stylus RMX (the full 14GB+ installation) it's my first time using stylus though.

I tried to find the folder all across my PC with no luck, The folder itself with all the presets, patches, etc just dissapeared,i even tried data recovery software like glarysoft undelete to check if it was deleted or something, didn't find anything. I'm going to reinstall omnisphere but this is really strange and i would like to know if any of you guys have had the same problem before and if you can fix it. thanks.

3. mono

mono Audiosexual

hi with a bit of luck its still there and you could have renamed the folder some-how ?

here are a few files to search for

STEAM is the folder you could of changed the name of so try these,

Omnisphere Library.db

default factory.mlt_omn

if you find them let us know and ill post you the folder names to change them back again,

4. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

the default location should be c\program files\Sprectrasonics\STEAM

I'm guessing RMX is 32bit and your Omnisphere is 64 bit, and the Steam shortcuts have been changed (RMX may have created its own STEAM folder or renamed it check the Programs Files(x32bit) folder

also check the programdata folder and I think RMX folder is sage, (I don't have it installed anymore, forgotten)

5. mono

mono Audiosexual

SirSillySausage happy new year to ya i got a run programdata folder is a good bet :wink:
    happy new year to you to seves91 :wink:

6. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

RMX has nothing to do with the Steam folder. It's uses a "sage" folder. What momo suggested is spot on. There should be a sage and steam shortcut in the programdata\Spectrasonics folder

7. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Not necessarily you can installed it on another HD as i did my Steam folder is located on G:/Plugin Content/Spectrasonics/Steam also when i upgraded to win 7 i didnt have to install everything again i just installed the plugin stoped when the installer wanted me to change to disc 2 and open the plugin with my tiny vst host cantabile performer (i always choose that one instead of opening a daw for tasks like this) and located the content and it was done.

8. luizcifer

luizcifer Ultrasonic

How can a Steam-Folder get lost i mean we are talking about 44 GB you not loose them by nothing.. :dunno:

ok if search does not Help try this...insert the First DVD and click on next untill the installer asks where you

want to put your Steam-Folder..the installer should say found a Steamfolder on your System there your Library

Folder should be thats your path

even though Omnisphere and Stylus RMX are from the same Company that not means both Folder`s are called Steam one

is as Mykal says is Steam and one is called Sage.

and the Library has nothing to do with 32/64 bit as both are now 64 bit since the last updates...and thats just

the VSTi Plugin

and yes you can install Omnisphere on a external HD as you can do with any large Library..and then just do it

like Guitarmanic pointed out just install the VSTi plugin can be via Update which is the best way as the

latest alwyas let you choose if you want to install 32/64 bit..

then just open your Omnisphere or Stylus in your Daw..see the Error Message "cant find theFolder Steam want to

locate it" ...just press yes point to your Library Path the Steam or Sage Folder and your done...reload the

Plugin and all your Patches are there

if you still have no success then just PM me as i`am there for Help with any Spectrasonic releted Problems

cheers

...And Happy New Year to everyone...

9. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

See this is why its so important to be on a Mac, Kidding yeh I would say stylus definetly renamed your steam folder, did u look into the stylus directories for size ect.. folder?

10. seves

seves Noisemaker

Thanks everyone, i couldn't find the folder, i reinstalled everything that same day and now it works like a charm. I usually install all software on default locations to avoid future issues so that wasn't the problem. Anyways, happy new year guys.