Staying prolific

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by T3NR@, Jul 26, 2019.

1. T3NR@

T3NR@ Producer

What are your go-to tools, mental or otherwise to start grinding the musical machinery on a regular basis? Mine, if ever even existent have failed gloriously as I noticed my SC averages maybe a track per year now, if not longer. When I do get up on the saddle, it's like a possession has occurred and I refuse to put it aside even if it means going to work the next morning with only a 30 minute turbo-nap to rest the old neural pathways.
    I once worked on a track from start to finish for 70 hours straight with 3 PINTS of coffee, I was so sleep deprived that I developed jaundice, would not even have noticed it if my pack of cigarettes hadn't been lying around near the mirror. I immediately went to bed, slept for 20 hours and was as pink as a pig again in the morning. Good times.
    It is a sad thing to realize that the same energy that got me into writing music has waned, when I started in my teens I could do it everyday willingly, with enthusiasm even. Enthusiasm which has sadly been aimed at procrastination related activities, such as recently been with Netflix or watching videos about horse psychology on Youtube.

Thoughts?

3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Personnally I find far more interesting and stimulating making music than wasting my time watching Netflix.I've never watched any Netflix crappy series.
    But sometimes I don't feel the motivation of making music like each of us.Anyway if I start making music I end up enjoying but the other times I start my music and I don't do anything good.

A good inspiration for me is listening Youtube.

Or maybe buy some new gear.

But 20 hours sessions I've never done that...Crazy!..8 hours/day max,and most of time 6 hours.

4. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

@OP you need to realize some thing for yourself.
    You are not the same lil guy running around as "back then, when you where young" - You are a much better YOU. with a richer life with more experiences under yourbelt. good and bad included. You have a story now. - there for - you have to find a NEW way of doing music. dont compare it to the "old you" - that would defeat the purpes of finding yourself in the music and then express what you feel.

why try go back in time, to be someone you are not anylonger.

FINDING time, is not how it works. Creating/making time is.

Creating, as in, make a deal withyourself, that you will prioritize X amount of time eachday on doing music, and then stick to it and DO.

5. DJK

DJK Rock Star

when inspiration strikes you will know when its time, i sometimes go months without opening my DAW, then one day i think yer i have some good ideas, never force it, if it flows it flows

6. JackRyan404

JackRyan404 Newbie

70 HOURS STRAIGHT? that's CRAZYYY. Your Enthusiasm for music inspires me. I have found a great way to tackle the procrastination, whenever I'm on YouTube I make sure that I only consume, music related content. I have recently been listening to a lot of KSHMR and thinking of using "My Best Life" to mix for my new track.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  7. [​IMG]

8. T3NR@

T3NR@ Producer

Just makes it harder for me these days, I get extremely distracted by the lightshow and deep philosophical conversations with myself.

9. T3NR@

T3NR@ Producer

Yes, I have also found it helpful to watch music related content however it's difficult to find unfamiliar techniques which also relate to my own workflow and a lot of these youtubers explain in a way that make me impatient.