Statis noise issue with KRK RP8

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by zero-frag, Feb 3, 2017.

1. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Hello everyone,

I've been having a static noise issue with my KRK RP8 monitors for a while and I found where the problem comes from (sort of) but I'm not sure how to go about for a definitive solution so i thought I'd ask around here to see if anyone had any ideas or had encountered a similar issue.

One of my monitors has this constant low volume static noise. It used to be on one then it changed onto the other one.
    I bought a special "multisocket" (not sure if that's the proper English term for it but basically that long thing with a bunch of sockets in it) marketed as made for audio gear and reduced noise. It sort of worked for a while, it was less prevalent, but now it's back 100% of the time.

Today I decided to plug one of my speakers onto a completely different socket on the other side of the room and TADAAAA, the noise disappeared. So it seems that I cannot have both of them plugged in to the same multi socket, it creates some sort of interference...

The problem is that the other wall socket is really on the other side of the room and it's not very practical to have a cable running across the entire room (let alone the chance of getting my foot stuck in it and destroying the monitor).

Has anyone encountered this issue? Anyone have any ideas on how i could fix this?

Thanks !

3. TW

TW Guest

You could try a power conditioner. I had this nasty low noise in 1 of my monitors if i used my usb mouse. I could not get rid of it. Drove me crazy. Than i tried my Furman AC that i have in my live rig to lower hizzzzzz and hummmm infront of my pc, monitors, interface etc ... socket. Total silence.

It is worth a try. I did not think it would help with the noise of my usb ports (static noise of my pc) but it did,

4. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

Do you know if these work on 50 hz power ? i'm from Europe so I dunno if these work over here. If they do, they seem to be indeed what I need !