StarWars Trailer

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by Brad LaForme, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Hi there,
    I rescore this fan track from a Unoficial Trailer.
    If you have some ideas or advices for made more realistic parts
    i will take it !

Thx and I hope you enjoy.
    cheers !

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Very well done, once again!

4. shomyca

shomyca Producer

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Well done Brad :like:

6. Aurevoir

Aurevoir Member

It is not bad. Some passages are just fine and might work well with a movie but it all sounds too synthetic. One thing is that you use too much reverb. More reverb is ok for more hybrid stuff but not for pure orchestral tracks. So if you want it to sound more realistic, decrease an amount of reverb. However after that, you will have to fill an empty space in a mix with more orchestration which will make it sound even more realistic.

GL

7. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Sorry, but I have to disagree with that, it sounds so close to the real thing that whole vi control forum (the biggest composer forum around) , including me, was wondering is it a real recording or samples... or combination. And those are dudes with real ears, experience and knowledge (as are audiosex dudes as well :mates::winker:).

On the other hand, your mockups in the survey that you posted on this thread:
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/survey...y-of-orchestra-simulations.27271/#post-221063

Well, those sound really synthetic (along with bad orchestration, composition, etc.) Amount of reverb is a stylistic choice, in this trailer IT IS on the heavier side but that doesn't mean the whole thing sounds synthetic because of it, on the contrary, hall simulation is really good. A LOT of movie soundtracks in the past have that amount of reverb, look it up.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  8. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Hello every one !
    thank for all your compliments and your explanation it is very useful to me to have a look outside and see clearly on my work !

9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Its good.You used algo reverbs right?

10. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

THX
    Yes you right I use ArtsAcoustic Reverb
    I know it not the best but i think he doing great for this track !

11. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Really? Not a convolution? In the other thread you said Altiverb and B2 :woot:

Oh come on dude, tell us your secret! It's safe with us! :) (in a public forum haha :bleh:)

12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Yes i can tell its an algo since the instruments lack certain weight and dimension, instruments dont breathe.
    I know Altiverb or other convolution reverbs take more resources but you really need to use convolution exclusively to add that next touch of professional arrangement.
    I mean that in the best possible way, not to critique your work but to expose things that can sound even better :like:

13. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

sincerely i've not secrets for that track for to be more clear
    No sorry it's not me at say that, that 's "headshot" tell that for his version,
    Me for remake all stuff for to by the most similar like him
    I using a algo rev for the orchestral part and when i do the final export "SFX-Music-VOICES"
    I using just a little Altiverb very low for more mixed all part together.

14. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Ha ok I really tried to use that for My next tracks in the futur !

15. Listening_player

Listening_player Member

@Brad LaForme This is just amazing. I´m dealing with with classical music on a daily basis for some years now and I think that i can say that my ears are well trained. Normally i can distinguish a real recording from a sample based production within seconds, but on your production I didn't´t. You really know your stuff, I´ll be glad to here more of your work!

16. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Wow! xD

Dude, I didn't even listen to your version, just heard first couple of seconds and instantly recognized Headshot's track, and totally thought that you are Headshot LOL

Man, you are fake as fuck !!! xD

Why do you do remakes of other people's music and sign it as your own? No darling, just no :dont:

Ofc, after actually listening to your track I realize it sounds nothing like a real thing (in terms of programming and mixing). All who's interested in the real thing can check it out here:

http://www.vi-control.net/community...s-trailer-rescored-with-original-music.50053/

17. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Apologies in advance for what might seem harsh tone of first paragraph, not meant 2b.

Don't rly have any probs w/ the nice sounds (which seem fine, sucky crash excepted) or reverb, but it's rly the whole idea of MASSIVE STAB... silence... MASSIVE STAB.. nothing.. kinda toploading the trailer; in the parts where nothing much particularly happens! And nothing much (musically) happening when a spaceship explodes etcs, just a kinda *poooffff*. But, when some guy shows his palm to the screen = MASSIVE STAB!!! Some sandpit = SFOZ BRASS PARPS!!! Screen fades to black = mad swirly woodwind chaos!!! Etcs, it's a bit lulzy. The emotional feedback isn't rly there in the first minute or so - especially all the "hopeful" string & woodwind muzak when Rey is looking forlorn & alone etcs. Also giant menacing army = *shrugs*. It's kinda a trill-a-thon, also =(

The effective bits are the whole slow march @ the end (1:24+), where u get teh feels, which is much better than I remember the original trailer. It does make u remember what a sucky film (& trailer) that was, which prolly colored my perspective, tho. Would like 2c ur take on teh Rogue One trailer, which is crying out for remix! I guess it's a pity that you didn't re-cut it also...

18. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

ho that why you confused with him,
    I don't want attributed to me in any case his amazing work was he done
    I was so much fan of what he did and that why I really wanted to see if
    all he said was true "he stay fogy for some points because he like that"
    and I try to recreate everything at the most faithful.
    and that's why i ask you somes tricks for the mixing.

19. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

Thx you so much for your advice i will check tomorrow for looking in details !
    thx for your time !

20. Brad LaForme

Brad LaForme Producer

For a rogue rescore version why not I will see when I've enought of time maybe, i don't know for the instance.

21. shomyca

shomyca Producer

And you signed his composition, on youtube and soundcloud as you own because... you have great respect of him! Makes perfect sense.
    :dont: