Standalone works, vst not...why?

Discussion in 'Software' started by divanorosso, Sep 25, 2018.

1. divanorosso

divanorosso Newbie

Hello, i'm a dummie in world of softwarez.
    The problem is: if i use kontakt 5.8.1 standalone mode and in it i open, for example, yamaha s90 es, all works fine.
    If i use reaper, load kontakt like vsti, when i open yamaha s90es a popup opens and says "kontakt version is too old, please update".
    The situation is repeated also with other vst.
    I'm sure I've applied the medicine well.
    So?

Thanks

3. mono

mono Audiosexual

@divanorosso
    It sounds like there are still old versions of kontakt been found and open by your daw,
    you should run a full search for kontakt and delete any vsti you find and then add the new kontakt 5.8.1 vsti
    into your pluging folder ,rescan your plugins and that should fix it :wink:

4. divanorosso

divanorosso Newbie

I seem to remember having installed 5.7 and then upgraded to 5.8.0 and then to 5.8.1, You say that reaper does not see 5.8.1 but sees 5.7 (for example?). Do I have to uninstall only kontakt or all the plugins that run with kontakt? (please answer only kontakt)

5. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

why don't you click on the Kontakt logo on the top right in Kontakt window to see the version info of that vst plugin?

6. mono

mono Audiosexual

No other plugins run with kontakt or inside it just kontakt libraries so keep them,
    uninstall kontakt 5.7 and 5.8 to make sure all old versions are removed
    make sure the update 5.8.1 you have is the full setup that has all files needed to run and not just an update.
    If you are unsure about this just search for and delete any kontakt.dll in your plugin folders
    then add the new version into your plug folders,this is a bit safer.

7. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I think momo may have pretty much nailed it. I had the same issue when I switched to Kontakt Portable (which I now love,) but it wasn't because I had an old version, but a bunch of fragments of my old Desktop Kontakt laying around.
    Initially, I took the easy route, for me, and just unninstalled all of my NI stuff and the reinstalled everything but Kontakt so I was certain I cleared everything assicated with my Desktop version of Kontakt. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, that didn't work and I had to root through the hidden folders (App Data and Program Data, in WIN,) and track down and delete the remnants that don't seem to want to uninstall from the Desktop version and a few other NI VSTs that had folders or random files still lurking around before everything was up and running smoothly. It's an annoying task, but it's not overwhelming.
    As for any plugins/VSTs that you have running with Kontakt, I can't say that you won't have to fuck with them, but I didn't have to.
    Good luck. :shalom:

8. divanorosso

divanorosso Newbie

Sorry, I'm old and stoned:guru:, I did not think about it. Done. kontakt standalone version 5.8.1. As vst instead the version is 5.7.3. But I'm sure I upgraded for the vst too. Ok, so I try to redo the upgrade only for the vst?

9. divanorosso

divanorosso Newbie

Correct.
    My mistake. I put all vst on a hard disk different from the hard disk where the programs are installed. The symlink installer did not put the 5.8.1 in the right hard disk. I copied the vst in the right folder of the right hard disk ... et voilĂ .
    I played for an hour and everything works.
    Thank you guys.

10. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Haha, honesty in ones current shortcomings is refreshing on this site. :rofl:
    Glad things are up and running. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

There is no full setup for 5.8.1 (for windows), only symlink update version. Not even Portable yet.

12. divanorosso

divanorosso Newbie

I think there is nothing better than to make fun of myself. It makes life a little more fun and lighter.