Standalone Kontakt not working

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Prinsodular, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Prinsodular

Prinsodular Newbie

Hi everyone!
    This is my first thread on AudioSex and i'm really glad to be part of this fantastic community.
    I've installed cracked Kontakt (v.5.5.1) and everythings works great in Logic/Mainstage on my Macbook Pro (El Capitan). Unfortunately I can't launch Kontakt or libraries as Standalone. The icon keeps bouncing and there's nothing to do. I also gave the right permission with BatChMod (I think so) but it seems it didn't affect Kontakt.
    Thanks in advance!

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Some libraries must be added using the libraries tab 'Add Library' function.
    Somwe libraries can only be loaded using the files tab and navigating to the proper folder level
    for that library.

It should be mentioned that you take care to follow install instruction carefully. Some versions of Kontakt
    require the reg tool before install. Some versions require reg_sno patch after install (R2R vs Tracer).

4. Zyno

Zyno Newbie

Maybe try opening file location and seeing what folder desktop icon opens. Can then copy .dll etc and shortcuts. If VST working tends maybe to suggest possible problem with desktop icon but not 100 %.
    Don't know much about OSX so sure someone with specific knowledge can help u out that way. Don't know if copying/replacing .dll from VST folder & linking shortcut to that might work. Could be a problem with permissions etc.
    Hope u manage to get it sorted :wink:

5. Prinsodular

Prinsodular Newbie

First of all, thank you so much guys!
    1. The instructions I always followed regard replacing k'ed files in the right directories, but nothing else. I never heard about reg_tool or something like that, could you explain me what it is?
    2. I experience this problem also in Massive and Absynth. Also in this case, I can assure you that the only instructions i read were about the k'ed files and special permission, even though I'm not sure about the success of BatChMod.

Of course I'll try that Zyno, thank you too!

6. Zyno Mial

Zyno Mial Newbie

Prinsodular, the reg tool is just a simple bit of kit for creating reg entries.
    Basically Player libraries or libraries that are encrypted with the samples in NKX or whatever that contain nicnt files with the relevant library data on them format MUST me added thru the kontakt library tab In order for them to work.
    This is why player libraries contain both an nicnt file that contains all the relevant information and also a wallpaper that will be displayed in the kontakt library tab once it added. However once that library is added a registration entry is created in the computers registry and and an .xml file is generated within the service centre.
    This is basically NI's way of encrypting a library so that it can only be added via a serial number put into the service centre.
    However Unlocked Kontakt bypasses the service centre.
    Therefore people started getting whatever and creating their own nicnt files and wallpapers so that they could add their own libraries to the kontakt library rtab with a "pretty little" wallpaper. Problem is that once u add a library a reg entry is created in the registry and also an .xml is generated in the service centre so Kontakt may then ask u to register the library via serial number and it can sometimes demo time out even if they are home made libraries.
    As the licnese fee is so large for player libraries most DEV's don't bother with serial numbers as it only adds about 40 dollars to the price of the library and as unlocked kontakt bypasses the service centre a serial number offers no protection whatsoever and are pretty pointless imo.
    You can also achieve a similar effect by manipulating the registry which is essentially what the reg tool does.
    So really in my opinion it's a little cosmetic value but that's about it.
    My advice, don't bother with the reg tool and simply use quickload as manipulating the registry and using the tool without due care can indeed cause problems and conflicts between libraries.
    It serves little purpose really apart from cosmetic value and there better ways around any such problems.
    Non encrypted libraries of course do NOT need to be added thru the libarary tab ;-)

7. Sibyl

Sibyl Member

Best Answer
    Hi Prinsodular :), i guess you have used BatChmod the wrong way.
    First you must have newest version 1.6.3 for ElCapitan.

- open BatChmod and choose your app. first
    - set a full mark on every box (14 boxes)
    - set both group and owner permission to ---------. It's the first option on top of the list.
    - click on the apply button

Btw. there's already Kontakt 5.5.2 for Mac available.

I am on Mavericks, therefore i can't verify your problem.
    I heard that some people had to turn off the new System Integrity Protection (SIP) on ElCapitan first, to make some things work. However, i am not familiar with the exact effects of turning off SIP, so i don't know if maybe this could be useful also for the solution of your problem!?

I had that phenomenon of a bouncing but not opening app several times on Mavericks too. The use of BatChmod has always helped so far. :yes:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  8. Prinsodular

Prinsodular Newbie

You guys are fantastic! I just figured out I was giving permission to the wrong user, so... my bad! Thank you so much for your help!