SSL SIGMA - will it make a difference?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Mart buch, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Mart buch

Mart buch Newbie

new to the site !....I have read some interesting bits , nice to be around like minded people ...I've got some plans to 'upgrade' my sound ...I have a pretty strong PC with enough juice to handle a fair bit... I plug a few Neumann mics and various guitars into an Apollo quad FireWire ,...so I have a deposit on an SSL SIGMA, summing mixer, my plan is to get rid of my Apollo and daisy chain 2 Presonus's Quantums for 16 analog outs makes sense because I use Studio one v3 and a faderport 8 , this will also give me 8 stereo tracks to feed into the Sigma ....my query is about the Sigma...is there going to be a noticeable difference to the quality of my work ??? I feel that there's a certain point where it cost loads of £££££ for 2-3% increase in quality ....am I making the right move ??

3. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

I don't think you will ever need a summing mixer.

"I do not like it if I sum my mixes after the mixing is finish. It does not sound right. However, if I were to mix in that summing box from start, I'd probably would like it."
    - Andrew Scheps

4. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

welcome friend... I hope you get much help

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

No 'all caps' titles in the future please.