SSL Channel Strip Update has Broken Ableton

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by babybrown, Dec 16, 2022.

1. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

As a UC1 owner i was pretty happy to get the new 4000 Channel strip deposited into my account for free. It actually adds significantly to the flexibility and usefulness of the system - or so I thought.

After using it in my first client tracking session I realized that I could not run ANY automation after it was instantiated in Ableton 11.2.6 (Intell or Apple Silicone versions). The humiliation was averted when I realized that I could remove the plugin (Copy, then delete), run the automation then paste the plugin back on the track and move into it's original position.

However, the nightmare began when i tried to re-open the document to do a final mix. It won't re-open. It gets to the point where the software appears to open then crashes, every single time. I checked eon multiple documents and the same thing is occuring.

Does anyone else have this issue? It happens with both the new channel strip and the updated standard channel strip. I'd appreciate any insight!

Thanks!

3. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Ouch! That doesn't sound good at all. I'm not a UC1 user, and I don't use Live to often nowadays, but have you tried opening Live in safe-mode (hold option while opening the project/starting Live)?

4. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

babybrown, how are you satisfied with the uc1? Useful?

5. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Until now it's the best audio purchase I've ever made

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Thanks for the tip - will try and report back!

7. axelfender

axelfender Member

hi
    am on pc but when i have this problem in the past with cubase(no more now with cub 12 ),i use to delete the guilty plugin from the vst folder before launching cubase!hope this will work!

ps: i put manually the dll on the desk for ulterior tweaking

8. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

I tried today and it enabled me to delete the Channel Strips from my document and I was able to reopen after that. Thanks so much mate - client will be here tomorrow and now I'll just have to do some extra mixing. Life Saver!

Interesting update. After duplicating the original document and then following the option+open protocol I was able to re-open the doc. THEN I updated all the UC1 related plugins AND the SSL 360 software (they were recently updated). I added a gang of new Channel Strips (one on each vocal track) mixing both versions and so far, the doc re-opens. I will make sure after a restart that this situation is stable and then we can consider this solved! Hope this helps someone else here.