SSL Channel Strip 2 vs Brainworx bx_console SSL 9000 J, which one do you prefer and why?

Discussion in 'Software' started by WalterBlackAndWhite, Oct 25, 2022.

1. WalterBlackAndWhite

WalterBlackAndWhite Newbie

With the Plugin Alliance offer where they sold the Brainworx bx_console SSL 9000 J for only $39.99. I wonder what is the difference between the Brainworx plugin and the SSL Native Channel Strip 2? People who have tried both plugins, have you found any noticeable difference? Which one did you like the most and why?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

I'm also curious about people's experiences comparing these two

4. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

I have both. I fell in love with the 9K sound with the native version, but i feel that the brainworx one is more suited for my style of work because of the THD feature, light on CPU, the UI is easier on my eyes and features the TMT gimmick (i don't care that much). It's cheap as fuck for the workhorse that is. I never made a bad mix with the bx 9000 J, it's hard to make that thing sound bad, so im stick with the brainworx ver.

5. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

With the native version i have a true SSL experience.
    With the bx i feel more flexibility.
    both have the sound, if that's a point. It really depends from what you're looking for

6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I got the J version for $6, so I can't complain.

7. TheRiddler303

TheRiddler303 Kapellmeister

have both. like the BX J more. never felt the interface of the SSL Native but also never really "compared" them against each other. im happy with the sound of the BX J and also like to use the TMT feature when put over all channels.

8. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

Got both and think the SSL one has a nicer tone, just passing sound through it it enhances in a unique way, i don't feel the same with the BX but the latter certainly has more options/more versatile. Channel strip2 is the 9000 K and the BX one is the 9000 J both inspired by different SSL console models. Both options are good if you're looking for the clean side of console emulations, and the modern SSL sound.

9. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

The SSL channel strip 2 is more constricted, great for really surgically dialing in and positioning the source between many other elements ( busy mix ).
    BX J is more open and a bit cleaner than the SSL 2 version, it has a bigger headroom than SSL.
    Boosting the mids and upper mids with the SSL 2 can be more rewarding. It has a bit more attitude than J.
    The compressor on the SSL 2 can really slam hard.
    The filters on the SSL 2 are really nice.
    These two and the BX 4000 E are must haves.