SRC comparisons : 96kHz --> 44.1kHz - (website)

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluerover, Aug 1, 2020.

1. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Wanted to share this. This website may have been posted a few years ago, but it's updated, and worth bringing up FYSA.

This website is pretty cool to see if your favorite program can deliver solid SRC results. You can choose your DAW or audio editor, etc., then choose its 'rival'. Six different test types. For example, With "Sweep", you can see the aliasing noise comparison in dB, and you're lookin' for a black background. I love Audition. Live 10 passes muster too. But, Live 7.0 sure as hell did not!

[​IMG]

https://src.infinitewave.ca/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

This site is probably the best about testing and presentation of the results of sound DSPs/DAWs/plugs.

Unfortunately one of the key members and the most skilled by far works at iZotope. Using iZotope-based products to do the tests. From the site FAQ:
    "Are these results biased? I’ve heard that test designer Alexey Lukin is working at iZotope – is this why iZotope is showing (one of) the best results?
    This web-site has been started without any participation of Alexey Lukin. It originally featured only 1 kHz tone spectra after conversion from 96 kHz to 44.1 kHz. Alexey Lukin joined the team later and proposed several new tests, such as a sine chirp and pre-post ringing test. They were discussed among our volunteers and contributors at the Mastering Webboard and found useful for analyzing different aspects of SRC algorithms. The graphs are generated in (slightly specialized) versions of RMAA and RX programs, which are co-developed by Alexey Lukin"

This doesn't mean the tests aren't still quite interesting. I personally think this fact automatically invalidates the credibilty of iZotope's products test results, regardless of the accuracy of them.

No surprise that iZotope's results pretty much sweep the floor with the rest (it's been years since I last checked tough). But even if they weren't there's an ethic conflict there.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Back to the topic, impressive visual difference between Live 7 and 10. Way to go Ableton.