SpyFx Remixes Kinghtsurfer

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Kinghtsurfer, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Aah the beauty of collaboration!

About a month ago, I shared a song called "Aint Never Gonna Find Love (Like That!)" on the Our Music section of AS.

Now, a month later I am in possession of a completely different take on it done by none other than our own resident big daddy producer @Spyfxmk2

Here's his version -

Here's the original -

Have fun!

• Love it! Love it! x 9
    • Like Like x 7
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. gtripodi

gtripodi Kapellmeister

master piece! sound is new and fresh style .. i will love to ear the solo electrict piano also in the electronic version! nice job

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

5. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

This has to be on one of the best on this site so far!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Gwydion

Gwydion Kapellmeister

great track.The original version beats the remix hands down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Great work. I like both. The song has style by it's own right, I love it! :wink:

8. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

like that

9. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Very original. Lovin the beat man!!

10. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Okay I've listened to both versions now and I prefer the original as it is a great song and not a 12inch remix.
    Nice work on the remix SpyFx but I'm an old fashioned guy and much prefer the original version.
    Is that you on vocals Kinghtsurfer?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I'd say stick to what you do best and don't compromise your music to modern expectations as it spoils the integrity of it. It is great as it is!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

Happy Holidays ! Audiosex Community [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] best wishes ! :bow:
    Enjoy !
    the tracks Audiosexers ! :wink:
    @Kinghtsurfer ,it was a pleasure working with you good friend ! :wink::bow:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  13. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

^
    Yes that is @Kinghtsurfer :wink::bow:

^
    Yes i have to agree on this :winker:.The original is a great song,that is why i got interested doing a remix of it :bow:
    I did this a day ago in the afternoon :),i had lots of fun ! :yes: :guru:

^
    Yes,the idea & purpose for the remix is that listeners that would not listen to the original in the first place,would take time & notice it & vice versa...there are listeners out there that usually stick to the genre they love,but once they hear a remix of a song(electronica),it then serves as a compass to dig a little deeper in music searching & find "gems" in this vast music world :bow:
    Many people that grew up listening to electronic music & rave in the old days,found thru remixes & searching for the original samples of their favorite tracks amazing originals in jazz/hip hop/funk/rock/acoustic & so on :wink::bow:

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I have to agree with you Spyfxmk2. I do prefer original mixes personally and that is just my taste but I have heard some remixes of songs in the past that have drawn me to the main songs. I am a 51 yr old guy so that explains my musical preferances and I understand the remix phenomenon with the younger generation as I loved Baggy Madchester dance music when I was a mere lad meself :winker:
    Some remixes are a complimentary sidenote on the actual songs and usually serve to enhance the idea of the song whilst bringing it to the attention of some folk who wouldn't hear it otherwise as they indulge in their own musical escapades.

By the way I did like your take on this song and thought you remixed it in a way that complimented the mood of the song but I am an old fashioned guy and will always prefer the original as it is within my own taste preferance. Anyway cheers mucker :bow:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I liked them both, the original and the remix. The remix provides an alternative version of an already- good song. That is one of the purposes of a remix.:like:

16. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    I like both and I think the rmx respects the original.It just changes style.Thus I like both.Different occasions.I'd rather listen to the original in a trip with my car but I'd definitely prefer the rmx in a club or in any dance occasion .What I liked most about the remix was the beat.Not talking about how it sounds but how it suits the track.Well done my friend.Well done

17. Kirby

Kirby Member

Good work - I like both versions! Probably my preference would be something in-between, taking the best parts of each mix. My only criticism of the song is that I don't have a clue what the lyrics mean and thus they didn't draw me into the song. Please take this opinion in the spirit it is offered, just trying to be helpful!

18. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Thanks for listening everyone! :) One of the reasons I joined up here was to collaborate with awesome musicians from all over the world...

It is fascinating to hear another version of a song you composed... And if the remix is done with sincerity and good taste, it is a rewarding exercise for the musicians and those that listen.

@KungPaoFist ... Thank you kindly!

@Gwydion ... Thank you... Glad you like the music!

@twoheart ... Thank you very much!

@wasgedn ... No you wont! No you wont! No you wont! :)

@DieM ... Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it...I dont see it as a compromise at all... Like @Spyfxmk2 said it offers the song to a wider audience... And is a wonderful exercise in exploring sonics! And it is super exciting to listen to talented producers weaving a totally new interpretation of your track! :)

@The Pirate ... Thank you very much!

@Producer ... Well said... Thank you!

@Kirby ... Thank you! Yes the lyrics are obtuse... Deliberately so... I just wanted to see what it would be like to write some vague lines which hint at a unified statement but yet mean different things to different folk!

And last of all @Spyfxmk2 who has become a great friend over these last months... Always willing to help... Always there with a smile and good advice... I thank you deeply for this collab and hope we do many many more!

19. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

20. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

21. Mat O

Mat O Guest

Knighty
    I am a fan of the original.