Spotify Playlist for everyone from everyone

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by l92, Nov 20, 2020.

1. l92

l92 Noisemaker

Hey Guys,

i am thinking about creating a playlist for all of us.

1. Submit your music
    2. Like the playlist
    3. Listen to the playlist while you sleep

This will help us getting monthly listeners and much more clicks.

This would only work if everyone works together. Spotify is limited to 10 clicks per day (I heard)
    so if every song is played 10 times a day from a person and 100 Users listen to them - this would be 1k clicks a day. We would earn more audience + money.

What do you think?

IT ONLY WORKS IF HONEST PEOPLE WORK WITH HONEST PEOPLE TOGETHER

3. Nehal

Nehal Member

Best Answer
    Awesome plan. It'd be a great help for upcoming independent artists to get their songs out there. Count me in for this!

4. recycle

recycle Guest

It is not easy to understand how much Spotify pays the author of the song for each stream, there are various factors that determine it:

- country of origin of the listener
    - version of spotify used (computer / smartphone etc ...)
    - a premium subscriber listener pays more to the artist than an ad supported listener

Currently there are no official data, but there are insights on showbiz websites like this:
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/08/17/how-much-does-spotify-pay-per-stream-latest/
    From my research done some time ago Spotify pays roughly $ 0.0032 on royality per stream. This amount is paid to the publisher, then the total will be split with the composers accordingly.
    Now you can realize how many hundreds of thousand plays you will need to reach noteworthy payments.

Being more pragmatic: If you can actually bring hundreds of thousands of people to listen to your song, then Spotify royalities will no longer be your core business: you can have others much more profitable incomes: Concerts, TV appearances, sponsors, etc.

Nice try @l92 , but becoming a millionaire with a spotify playlist doesn't seem like a great business idea to me ...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2020
  5. l92

l92 Noisemaker

Hello @recycle

It is not about earning money. Distrokid for example does have a global playlist where everyone can enter who "spins a wheel".
    It is a good opportunity to gain more clicks.

It is also not a business idea. It is just supporting each other with clicks.