Spotify download problem

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Vader, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

I don't normally download from Spotify, but today I try many different software and all have downloaded only at 128kbs when previously I get all tracks at 320kbs and all my settings are correctly made.
    Anyone having the same problem???
    And yes, I have a premium account.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Audio quality
    Spotify has a range of audio quality options to suit your device, plan, and preferences.
    https://support.spotify.com/us/article/audio-quality/

4. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Yes... I'm aware of that and I have my Spotify settings to high quality to stream and download, the same way I have the settings in all those different software to download from Spotify.
    The thing is, since yesterday everything I downloaded come at 128kbs, no matter what track I download.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Looks like something is slowing down the pace. Well really puzzling, try tomorrow, I can only think of that, check the settings again and see whether Spotify throttles that or whether your line is throttled in general. Actually, I'm just as perplexed as you are.

https://hitechglitz-com.translate.g...sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=nui

Spotify is suddenly loading slowly - you can do that
    • First, make sure that you have a constant internet connection on your PC.
    • With a WLAN connection, you should not be too far away from the router, otherwise the connection may be interrupted.
    • If you use the app on your smartphone, we recommend using a WiFi network. Dropouts can also occur with mobile data.
    • Make sure that you have not specified a proxy server for the connection in the settings of the program.
    • You should also have the latest version of Spotify for PC , Android or iOS installed.
    • In some cases, uninstalling Spotify once and then reinstalling it can help.
    • Some users report that disabling "hardware acceleration" in the program's options can help.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  6. MeganFang

MeganFang Newbie

Umm...yea, I encountered this problem several times before. It seems that Spotify limits the download speed. :woot: So I prefer other third-party music converters. The one I'm currently using is Dumpmedia Spotify Music Converter. The download speed is faster than by using Spotify itself I think... Maybe you could have a try.:thumbsup:

7. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

Is it downloading from Spotify? Half the downloaders now use a system where they take the info from spotify (such as track length/loudness/artist/album). With the info it then finds the song on youtube and downloads it.

It's a system someone developed as spotify changed it's encription. That ment downloading had to be done by playing the song speeded up, recording the audio and slowing the recording down. This has a max speed limit and it's not very fast.

So download from youtube is faster with no chance of account block. Unless someone knows what to look for in a downloaded file most don't notice.

Well done, you did.

Check your downloader's settings and worst case try a differant downloader.

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

youtube quality is just sad, base conversion quality of youtube 4k video is only 125kb/s for audio, its the same down to 720p and gets worse for lower picture quality and then its converted again, the sound quality will be worse even more.

youtube music downloads are the last resort if i cant find the track somewhere else.

9. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List