Spotify and sample libraries

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by ovenglove, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

It’s not so much a moral issue anymore.. or better maybe it is – but from both sides. 90+% of library makers are investing 90+% time in making demos so obviously most (not all!) libraries suck (I sadly become a “collector” and realized this a few months ago).

It’s not a moral issue because it is a legal issue.. and they are right and you are wrong. So you should buy all these libs, but you don’t know if they’ll fit your needs.. but it’s the only right way. Maybe you’ll find something special, make a hit and live happily ever after.

Telling a company that your track is going strong and now you are ready to pay for the libs.. come on.. would like to know which company is so open minded. She probably just asked for a pay plan. Even so, if this would be a big success, she would still be in trouble – the company could collect the money and then sue her because of the date of the release (earlier than purchase)

IMHO if you are not making any money release your work anonymously and see how it goes. This way you’ll probably see what you really(!) need and of course if you are the next big thing. As far as vocals go it’s much easier to find a friend who can sing and make some clever recording/ editing than adjust the libraries – depends on the music style

2. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

as i said early read all my previous comments & you will understand, she did buy the libraries before the release of the track (she bought 7 libraries and not just one so the offer they accepted very well , so technically i told her that using warez in commercial art is may lead to legal trouble & now she buy hardware synth only after singed a record deal with a major label, so, Me too i use only hardware synth and all my signature sounds are inside my hardware synth cause i make money from my music too especially Film Score & i play real instruments by the way cause the feeling of playing real instruments you will never get it with virtual ones , i hope you get it now , thank you

isn't about the plugins that has watermark ,is about sounds from plugins that can be recognize very easily (like libraries with phrases or other known stuff) the bottom line is to stay safe buy what you use commercially:shalom:& support the people who made that plugin/library ,i believe if someone work hard on making amazing plugin or library and you use that to get money it will be a big shame if you not buy it cause that people if no one support them they will be out of business & by that they will stop making new update & good stuff in the future

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  3. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Yes I get it, but your first post was a bit confusing (like Gramofon asked: Knowingly after the fact? Or didn't she say it was already released? Weird...)

She made some music, you listened to it and acknowledged that it’s a hit material… so she bought the libraries (one way or the other) and released the track…

But how did she make the “demo”? Like you said – with libs from AZ.. And if she wouldn’t have done it this way, you couldn’t appreciate her talent and give her the advice to release the stuff. And this is the “illegal” part, no matter what..

Now I hope you get what I’m trying to say. It would be a shame if she didn’t release her work. The company got the money for their work. It’s a win-win situation but SADLY(!) it still involves the “illegal” part.

Bottom line: she knew exactly which libraries she needed. And how is that – because of AZ. Other ways she would have to buy a ton of (mostly crappy) libs and hope that something suits her needs. Hey, I am with you and wish luck to your friend! I just hate companies that trick you in to buying something with one minute polished demo…

4. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

yes i understand your point but the thing is my friend she was only making music for fun at first before she become a part of a major label, you know most of people here on AudioZ if they are professionals they try before buy and especially they try those ridiculous over pricey plugins or libraries before deciding if that product is really gonna fit in your music , so the second thing is the whole project that she made, she wrote it in Avid Sibelius & then test it on some libraries & she send her demo to a label by her manager and then when they decide to choose her to be part of their label she bought that product so technically you can test with warez but you can't sell music made by warez

Note : she's uses legit Avid Protools 12 & Avid Sibelius in her project
    Note : The libraries that she test before in her project she bought all the libraries
    Note : i hope you understand that there is nothing wrong with testing warez before buying

5. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Note: legit Avid Protools 12 & Avid Sibelius or whatever.. I can use 100 legit programs it doesn’t matter – I still can’t legally(!) use 1 illegally downloaded library – even for fun

Note: ok guess I did not understand your post: “i know a friend of mine who uses some libraries from AZ and then…”, still doesn’t matter…

Note: I understand “that there is nothing wrong with testing warez before buying” – ethically, logically, morally.. but not legally. To bad, the law says that you can end up in court, pay extreme fines or end up in jail for doing it. (You can test the demo versions of programs of course, but for obvious reasons, there are no demo versions of complete libraries.)

Now let us agree that we agree about the “try before you buy” thingy and close this debate. My English is poor and I may be misunderstood because of that.. (If that’s the case, I apologize) ;)

Good luck! :)

6. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

are you a developer or not , let me put you on something since a long time ago i never saw a dev that put some sort of 1 demo patch from their library to test it before buying , So buying a library from a demo audio is like buying 1500 fish in the sea is crazy if the library cost 1500 C (i speak from experience cause i bought a libary one time and i was shocked that the library is nothing like the demo audio) , as i told you before is that using stuff to test it mean using it for test only and never releasing it in public, for me it doesn't make any difference anyway cause all my sounds i record them on my own or i create my sounds inside hardware synth
    ME & all my friends We Can afford whatever the price is of any product

LAST time i was in court i bought the whole company from their owners and the case closed
    by the way i have degree in law and i don't practice Cause i have other business to run
    so talking laws isn't gonna change my way of seeing things

the fact is that there's over 90% of people who use warez : they don't even make money from their music

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  7. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

I just checked pro ducer loops to be sure - one button "play demo track". there is similar approach /w others.. and there are exceptions to the rule
    ..as I stated in my last sentence from pre-previous post (btw this contradicts your first statement - you listened to demo and bought the product which was nothing like the demo)
    then you should understand that all I'm talking is the difference betwen law and real life

8. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

it did happened all the time and believe Me, a lot of people that happened to them or when you buy a plugin and you end up deleting it from your system cause the plugin has millions of bugs but that will never stop me from buying the good stuff cause there's also the good Devs that still care about their product like Spitfire Audio They have awesome stuff

and there is other DEV unfortunately that i will never use their product U-he & Tone2 even if they gave me free legit license i will still never use it (you know why)

9. TwinBorther

TwinBorther Kapellmeister

Whoah! Dude! I love your tracks! Really energetic!!