Spotify Account locked up because of downloads

Discussion in 'Software' started by VSKZ, Oct 26, 2021.

1. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Hi!
    Recently my Spotify got locked (It's now unlocked again) and that happened because I used the NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter from sister site.... Sadly I need the tracks as files for my USB in the old garbage car.
    I wonder if anyone got problems like this and also if you got an idea how I can avoid that in the future.

I also bocked all cookies in the Spotify app - which they activated an update later again... lol

I guess maybe Spotify noticed it because of the higher speed in which these tools record the tracks. So if I put the speed to 1x it could solve the issue maybe?!

Yeah, I know I did wrong, so please don't judge me.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

(*) Which recordings does Spotify recognize? (*)

Spotify apparently stores detailed data about every user in the long term. In particular, it saves when you have heard which piece of music. (By the way, everyone has the right to receive this personal data from Spotify upon request.) Basically, this data should look identical, whether you are only playing or recording.
    But Audials has a "high speed" function. This quasi "makes time pass faster", so that Spotify plays music faster, and so the recording succeeds faster.

However, this means that in the data stored by spotify e.g. could say that you have heard music with a playing time of 50 minutes within 5 minutes. (Similar functions are also offered by other tools, with probably the same effect.) We strongly suspect that this is the criterion after Spotify selects users for temporary bans. So far, we have only received reports from users who actually used the "high speed" option and were blocked.

(*) Who is temporarily blocked and when? (*)

The reports from users here, among others, make it very likely that Spotify does not block as a "direct reaction" to a corresponding use, but rather blocks individual users, some of whom recorded recently, some of whom only a long time ago, at high speed. Who they choose seems to be more random.

(*) What to do? (*)

If you have been temporarily blocked by spotify, it is recommended e.g. above support.spotify.com/de/contact-spotify-anonymous to contact and ask to unlock the account, which happens after the reports here without any problems. If you want to avoid being blocked, you should especially not use the Audials "high speed" option when recording, especially not after you have been unblocked.

By the way, other music streaming services seem to proceed differently: Since they do not want a particularly "high speed" either, they simply do not allow this in their system. It is practically a "specialty" of spotify that they have made their software so that it enables very high speed in order to then temporarily block individual users when they use it. We are very sorry for anyone who has experienced inconvenience using spotify "high speed" recording.

Source: https://support.audials.com/hc/en-u...errt-Konto-wegen-nicht-autorisiertem-Download

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  4. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

I also did read that on that site. Other users stated that they got banned from real-time use, but thanks for your answer anyway. I'm wonder if other people here got the same problem or have other solutions for the problem.

5. Pistascho

Pistascho Member

Me, two accounts. So I made a third.

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Nahhh Spotify wanted to go against people who block ads on their platform. Means modified apk - they can track that, but for the desktop version they cant. Think they wrote this in 2019 and i also heard people got locked account after i read about it.

So its worth checking if the apk was legit/valid? We all buy sometimes premium, but keep invalid apk running, special when you deactivated auto update via google play.

For Mac idk.

Also you cant download from spotify, you can only record the music and thats what all the apps for windows do.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

LOL
    Could I use the same payment method for the new acount? (paypal)
    And do you use some 10minmail or some real mail?

Also can you somehow export playlist data? So that i could just add them again on the new account?

8. vayabahia

vayabahia Producer

As long as you can buy premium accounts on aliexpres for €0.7 per month, I'll continue to have premium and save dealing with those intricate systems of high-speed online ripping. (lol)

9. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

Damn, and I pay €10 per month? How does that work on AliExpress?

10. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

Why do people try to download music via Spotify, it doesn't even have great quality audio. There are better ways to get FLAC's from services such as Deezer (without having to have a Premium account either). Tools such as deemix have been doing wonders for downloads

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

How does that work without having a premium account? I tried deemix and it said "you need to log in" and im sure that deezer only allows 128mp3 for free accounts.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  12. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Look up Soulseek and never look back

• Love it! x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  13. vayabahia

vayabahia Producer

I have been using them for more than 3 years, but it seems that there are less and less of them.
    It's simple, you use the search engine on aliexpress and there they are sometimes a bit split in the results.
    There are also Netflix and I would say almost any subscription service.

14. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

You do need to log in for that API cookies thing. In settings of deemix you have option to download FLAC without having to have premium. It's a security issue in Deezer allowing this to happen. Maybe it was patched but last time I used it it worked fine (tested the file and it is indeed FLAC)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. joelynnpamplin

joelynnpamplin Newbie

It's really unfortunate that this happened to you! I also did that some time ago, so I understand why you would want to use a converter tool, but it sounds like it caused more trouble than it was worth. I hope you were able to get your account unlocked and that you don't have any further issues. As for avoiding this in the future, I'm not sure if there is anything you can do. Perhaps using a different converter tool like http://streamingfamous.com/ or recording the tracks at a lower speed might help, but I'm not sure. Thanks for sharing your story! Hope this helped.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  16. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Happened to me today. I sent them a "No, I will not do this again" to their question "will you do this again?" on their automatic Spotify chat. I've only used TunesKit Audio Capture for my own purposes (analysis for mastering for the most part, so I don't transfer outside of my computer) so this pisses me off a bit. I'm not actually doing any harm, as in spreading, sharing and/or selling songs. It's all personal use.
    Edit: I recorded in realtime with TunesKit.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  17. trz303

trz303 Producer

On PC the best way is to use a stream recording app, ok you need to listen to the whole track to record it, but it's the safest way.
    Something that grab the audio at OS level, or even an audio router device to redirect audio in a recording app.

18. odiza

odiza Producer

i once got a lockout while trying to include spotify playlists to be playable by aimp in Rainmeter skins, which could be obtained by modding the spotify app. Nearly immediately on fist minutes of usage i was locked out. This brings me to the conclusion there is a reason why spotify detects recording: everything else trying to access spotify tracks which is not being catched & played by their own well known app will be noticed by them, even easier when in addition tracks will be played faster than the original app would play them. Might be the reason why they don't allow 3rd party players, too (because they can't trace their behaviour).

19. Benno de Bruin

Benno de Bruin Kapellmeister

First time i used Audacity to record Spotify (the song was only in shitty quality in YT and even worse mp3 on Soulseek, so i had to rip it from Spotify), they locked me out, saying there was a security concern, so i had to change my password to get back in. After that i could record all i want. (Premium account)

20. chuckens

chuckens Ultrasonic

Most tracks I get are not the actual bitrate. I always check them on Fakinthefunk. Even Flac is not the correct bitrate. Flac be as low as 256.

21. karatebaka

karatebaka Member

Spotify don't stream in uncompressed format (at least not yet, they announced spotify hifi but delayed). The best quality they have right now is 320kbps when you set your Spotify to Very High Quality.
    These music converter programs downloaded/recorded the stream then converted the files into FLAC or whatever format you chose.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022