Spitfrie Audio releases HZ02 - Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Software News' started by homer_simpson, Jun 27, 2014.

1. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

[​IMG]

INFO

The ultimate epic kit, played by the ultimate epic drummer, in 3 epic locations produced by the godfather of epic; multi award winning composer, producer and sound-smith Hans Zimmer.
    Spitfire Audio are delighted and honoured to present a series of products produced by a legend and his diamond class team of Grammy winning engineers, musicians and technicians. Where Hans Zimmer's style and approach to sonic creation is often copied or emulated, we're proud to present to the world at large HZ's definitive take on his trailblazing approach to cinematic percussion production. Herein lies not an emulation or synthesis of his approach, but a recreation. The same studio, musicians, instruments, signal chain and talented engineers, sitting alongside a decade of experience, innovation and refinement overseen in every detail by Hans himself. The same excruciating attention to detail, perfection but most importantly the endless choice for tweak-ability and customisation you'd expect of the greatest of sonic artists.

HZ02 - Los Angeles, features Jason Bonham on his exclusive DW Vistalite kit recorded at the legendary "Newman" Stage at 20th Century Fox, The Sony Scoring Stage and an enormous space on Hans' own lot dubbed "The Cathedral". Recorded and mixed both in stereo and 5.1 (surround) by multi Grammy winning engineers; Alan Myerson, Steve Lipson and Geoff Foster. The library also features some exclusive extra content created by Hans himself. This is the ultimate follow up to our multi award winning London percussion anthology. Recorded deep (29,477 samples, 35.6 hours, 34.3 GB WAV format, 22.7 GB NCW compressed format (stereo only, 5.1s coming soon!)) as per Hans' direction with multiple round robins, dynamic layers, beater types and playing
    styles. With GUIs and scripting designed back in London by the finest sample developers in the world.

VIDEO

just MUST HAVE! :wink:

3. exr777

exr777 Producer

Cheeseburguer, coke and some spitfries. Adorable.

4. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

this is not going to make anyone sound unique. your music will sound like HZ. Its kinda upsetting to hear that everybody's orchestral scores sound exactly like him. He prescribed how each section should sound, since he produces his own music as well. I m kinda sick of hearing those in your face horns, chest beating timpani etc. Not because they sound bad, but because everybody is doing it. Forget Spitfire stuff. Just use anything else... Sorry about the rant

5. chris030

chris030 Noisemaker

not necessary - good post !

6. homer_simpson

I know what u mean... its a same with Damage from Heavyocity but hey..... its just a news post ;)

7. Millenium

Millenium Producer

8. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

That sounds like Sable strings *yes* , but I haven't found it in their demos
    Edit: this is quite old one (pre 2011 so it must be Air Project!) :wink:

9. homer_simpson

and to be honest i'm a disappointed a bit too

just wrote "must have" becouse it will be nice to add to own collection *yes*

-hi everyone
    -hi
    -my name is homer and i'm addicted to kontakt libs :rofl:

10. Millenium

Millenium Producer

Right, but if you listen carefully it's far more realistic with greater depth,harmonics,...

even if this is not the same section (Symphonic/Chamber).

Demos

11. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

Lol, I can understand. Its kind of like child's reluctance to move from picture books to books without. Its the pictures, really, that made me choose Kontakt instead of its competitors

12. uber909

uber909 Member

Maybe they meant Ennio Morricone... or Basil Poledouris ?
    C'mon Spitfire, get yourselves together.. there was epic before HZ, like Wagner maybe ? or even Beethoven...

Let's not spoil the classics with a kontakt movie score guy, even if he's a decent one.

13. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Like almost every lib if you have spitfire you must chop and free a LOT of disk space.
    Also because Spitfire repeats themselves, and thats is really stupid, here in Brazil we say they just full the sausage :rofl:
    So there other that sound better?
    Yes, but they have some that are, until now,the best.
    I simply do not believe that someone erase all and forget...
    Almost every lib have their moment :bow:

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Music is stagnant, people want to imitate not innovate. It's okay to try to imitate something you like, all art does this to some degree especially in the beginning but the goal should be to ultimately make it your own. That's why I try not to use Heavyocity Damage and opt to work on perfecting my sound. Sure it's time consuming but the rewards are all the sweeter for it.