Spitfire LABS app on macOS: HUGE CPU usage, fans going crazy...nothing open.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Smoove Grooves, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

And the other places I mentioned earlier in the thread...
    If you read the op you will see that deleting everything is what I did, but thanks for your support anyway.
    At least, eh? This is the only one mate! :yes:
    If you read any of this thread you would see that it is macOS only. As per the thread title.
    We already know that Windows isn't affected.
    You are welcome to have your 50¢ back if you like. "Just a joke". :mates:

2. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Again then your claim is wrong, that they would sniff data and violate ur privacy, bcs why they do this exclusive for mac then? Mac users arent that special after all.

You can still ask the support to help figure it out? have u done that? Like i wrote the support helped me too, as my free LABS sounds were broken.

And why did u open another one? I mean u wanted the other one closed? (for no reason?!)

So i hope u can get it sorted.

3. fatcrispychicken

fatcrispychicken Newbie

you dont need to discuss with him. you cant discuss with him, since his opinion is always the right one. had some big headaches with him. it doesnt make any sense.

checked little snitch, checked my other firewall, nothing wrong, no connections from spitfire, nothing. been using labs and bbc symphony since its release and had zero problems (oh and my macbooks from 2011 just fyi). told him that but still no rational answers.

and yeah we know it fried your ram cpu whatever. its better to investigate the activity than to plainly say its cruel. there could be lots of other stuff going on with it interfering with other apps or plugins. not everyone has these problems obviously. my jupiter8 plugin fries my ram aswell when i use it, but it works for others without a charm. stuff like this can happen, but since its impossible to discuss here, its useless to write any opinion here.

e:/ obviously its not a technical talk aswell, since we dont even know which os version, what mac, which labs version, nothing.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. chestbox

chestbox Noisemaker

so did this just die? verdict is that labs is not recommended on macs? or how is it looking?
    so much back and forth in this thread, wondering if anything was actually achieved/discussed here, so therefore my question. is it safe to install this on macs or not?

5. chestbox

chestbox Noisemaker