Spitfire Audio reveals Albion replacement - Albion ONE

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Sep 22, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Presenting...ALBION ONE

BACKGROUND

Spitfire Audio was set up in 2007 by a collective of award winning composers and producers. In 2011 they set about distilling all of the essential tools they used to make modern epic cinematic music into a single product. This was the genesis if Albion Volume 1, an epic tool kit that took the world by storm and earned itself many awards and plaudits. It offered a-list composers a quick cpu-lite sketching and mockup tool, it offered power users with little time in their schedules the ability to create impressive widescreen tracks in an instant and finally it offered hobbyists and students a way into orchestral led music making and the Spitfire experience.

Four years may not seem a long time, but in the fast moving world of Spitfire Audio it is an epoch. With over 60 products released in this period alone including 8 new strings libraries and a panoply of orchestral recordings in the shape of the epic BML series Spitfire have gained a lot of experience! So they decided to return to the original Albion 1 concept and see how it stood up. With heavy hearts Spitfire decided it was time to go back into the studio and put their beloved Albion Volume 1 out to pasture. They felt the experience gained, and the feedback garnered from thousands of users could present a product far superior to the original ‘legacy’ version, a product that would continue and deserve to be the most popular product Spitfire has ever sold.

ALBION ONE

Spitfire has carefully studied what made Albion ‘Legacy’ so popular, have returned to the hall at Air Studios and have painstakingly recreated and enhanced the objectives of the original. As before there is at the centre a large epic orchestra, but this time the orchestra size has been enhanced to 109 players with many more articulations and new features including stylised legacy articulations by Andy Blaney and an awesome strings ’runs’ section. The Darwin Percussion has been carefully re-recorded with many additional sections (and a couple of old favourites). The brunel dynamic loops section has this time been designed by Spitfire’s award winning team from new recordings made with Paul Clarvis and a lot of treats he uses on many a-list films including “Skyfall”. The Stephenson’s Steam Synth takes epic and awesome to whole new levels with both this and the loops presented in Spitfires much applauded eDNA engine. There are also few exceptions of ‘special’ moments from the original ‘legacy’ Albion that they felt they couldn’t better, so they have retained those in ONE, you know who you are!

All of these sections are available to download as a single pack or in convenient sections so you can grab what you need now and come back anytime to treat yourself to the other treasures you have bought.

Everything you need to make epic modern music in one box. At its heart is a 109 piece orchestra accompanied by a thunderous cinematic percussion section, dynamically layered loops designed by award winning music makers, an enormous steam synthesiser and many more surprises. With all new sample content for 2015 and cross-grade options for original volume 1 ’legacy’ owners.

* this library is available for pre-order only. Pay now and be among the first to download! *

Albion one launches at the staggering new price of £319, this is not a promo price but the full rrp (roughly $499). For the month of october existing volume 1 or ‘legacy’ owners will be able to cross-grade to the new albion one for a mere £149. This will then rise to £199 thereafter. Albion one will be downloadable by the end of october but will be available on pre-order (with pre-orders being distributed first) for the whole of October.

More INFO: Spitfire Audio | Albion ONE

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

couldd be good.... w8ting for more :)

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I think this will sound mega epic! Albion 'Legacy' sounded pretty awesome, so it will be like that on speed!

5. Anakin

Anakin Guest

This is EPIC :like::crazy:

6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Hallelujah, amen etc. Too pricy as usual from SFA...... not for my wallet!
    But thanks for the news!

7. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

"one day baby...." :disco:

8. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

I think there's a difference between "pricey" and "can't afford" though. IMO, WE can't afford it!
    Taking into account the amount of man/women work putting into a product like this, $500 is about right for its pricing. The 109 piece surely had to be paid, I doubt it was volunteered work on their part. The sound engineers, the software programmers, the sound designers, the facility and everybody else in the crew involved in the day-to-day work of the software, all had to have a budget accounted for.
    Then again, just like BMW or any other company which have expensive product, Spitfire in a way already know who can afford its product too; They are aiming Albion One at working Composers, Producers, Scorers; Big and small production companies over the world.
    Of course, the mini-me like us would love to be able to afford it. I maybe wrong but I don't think Spitfire is aiming it to us below! :no:

Not every project done with the software will be a cash cow but In all consideration, where a movie (or other commercial projects) scored totally or in part with Albion gets to generate from thousands to millions then it is fair (in my eyes) that Spitfire gets its $500 cut!

9. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Do you know the size of my wallet and what´s in it?

It depends on what price policy you prefer: Sell to those who have loads of money or sell to people in general (Read: People means upcomming folks in the business).

Nice comparison with Spitfire wich actually had a Rolls Royce engine build in during the 2. world war. Problem is: Who really want´s to drive a Rolls Royce today?.... I don`t!

Basic line: I´ve bought a few SFA libraries and they´re not even close to a BMW standard - period!

Thanks for your feedback dadarkman :wink:

10. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Of course, I don't.

My response was more talking in GENERAL by stating in my opinion that, for the market that Spitfire is targeting, Albion One is well-priced (Again, my opinion). It wasn't to say that YOUR opinion of it being "pricey" didn't stand. We just have a different view of it.
    Maybe I should have stated it that way so you wouldn't take personal offense!

About that Rolls Royce comment, it all comes down to taste though. Rolls Royce is still a reputable brand and I personally know many folks who would still want to have one. But that's a whole different story away from Albion One.

Well, again, I wasn't trying to make this about your wallet. I hope we are clear on this!

Later

11. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

NO OFFEND TAKEN dadarkman, we just disagree on something and that´s how it should be without taken offend! The Rolls Royce thing was just a metaphor .... that´s all!

Cheers

12. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Personally I think it's also a little overpriced. :yes:
    Also I don't really like some of these loop based symphonic libraries all though i'm sure there also other great stuff.
    Reminds me of some of the later horrible Symphobia libraries which are pretty much useless for most normal people.
    Sure they probably have their target audience though like John Debney or Zimmer :wink:

13. Anakin

Anakin Guest

Symphobia is respected by lots of professional composers who knows how to use it. Hans Zimmer use his own sample libraries in custom build sampler and he is definitely one of best composer of our time. There is only one group of people who always try to hate him and it is classic educated guys who are angry because they spent their life in school and then they come to cinema and hear hans music instead theirs.It is why I love his jokes about these people :rofl:

14. Zimmer might use it for a scratch pad and then hire the 109 for the recording. Eat the Rich.

15. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Albion ONE walkthrough added:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List