Spitfire Audio releases eDNA - EARTH

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Diabulus in Musica, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

[​IMG]

A ONCE IN A LIFETIME COLLECTION OF ELECTRONIC SOUNDS DERIVED FROM THE MOST VALUED COLLECTION OF ORCHESTRAL SAMPLE RECORDINGS ON THE PLANET… THE FIRST PHASE IN OUR E.D.N.A. PROJECT, CREATING THE NEXT GENERATION OF SOUND-WARE FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF MUSIC MAKERS.

We’ve taken these orchestral recordings and have morphed them into the most incredible anthology of sonic weaponry from another time and place!

PHASE #1 ‘EARTH’ IS A COLLECTION OF 1900+ BASIC INSTRUMENTS MANGLED INTO 1001 CUSTOM PATCHES BY OUR AWARD WINNING TEAM OF COMPOSERS, SOUND-SMITHS, PRODUCERS AND ENGINEERS INTO A COLLECTION OF AWESOME “CARTRIDGES”. LOAD UP eDNA, THE MOST ADVANCED INTERFACE WE HAVE YET CREATED, SLAM IN A CARTRIDGE AND PLAY PLAY PLAY. SUCH IS THE DEPTH OF CONTENT HERE THAT BY PLAYING EVERY SOUND FOR NOT MORE THAN 30 SECONDS, IT WOULD TAKE YOU EXACTLY 24 HOURS TO LISTEN TO EVERY INSTRUMENT AND PATCH… AND THAT’S WITHOUT FAG AND LOO BREAKS. WE’RE NOT AMBULANCE CHASING HERE, THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE MUSIC OF NOW, OF YESTERDAY, THIS IS A NEW CHAPTER IN THE CREATION OF THE GREATEST SONIC ARSENAL ON THE PLANET.

QUICK STATS:

WAV SIZE: 44.8GB – NCW SIZE (lossless compressed download size): 26.8GB – 34.9 HOURS OF SAMPLES!

For more Infos: http://www.spitfireaudio.com/category/news

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Thanks for the info.
    Though I'm a bit confused. What is eDNA?
    Is it Electronic Deoxyribonucleic Acid? What that has to do with music, and/or plugins for that matter?
    I'm having troubles imagining it... :dunno:

This didn't help:
    STEP 4 - THE e.D.N.A. ENGINE
    Over the last seven years Spitfire - in partnership with Blake Robinson - have been creating some of the most intuitive and ingenious scripts, simple to use GUIs and attractive front ends. A year ago, we wiped the script clean and set about creating a monster of a new script engine. This we call eDNA. With more details to follow, we will show how the sound sets and banks of 'Earth' can be used in conjunction with the eDNA engine to quickly, dramatically and awesomely create a new audio experience for the next generation of music makers...

Can you even emulate organic material with silicon-based processor? That seems rather impossible to me. :blues:

4. I, on the other hand, have synthesized a silicon-based processor with my silicon-based processor thus creating the world's first synthesized synthesized silicon-based processor. My mom is so proud of me.

5. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Honestly... This is the type of stuff which excites me in the teaser but makes me say "humm... ok... " in the "walkthrough" video.

6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I´ll pass on this one ..... ! So much development still missing in making a "perfect" symphonic orchestra sample/script wise ..... frankly I think SF should stay with the thing they do the best instead of doing stuff like this ... waist of time and resources imho *yes*

7. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Amen for that :bow: Plhoopy

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Reminds me of Morphestra but this one looks bigger.
    Is it worth it?

9. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

You mean worth the huge chunk of disk space, or the $? That's a lot of disk space for something like this.

10. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: