Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Mousikanos, Feb 28, 2018.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I wonder who willl take the chance with a brand new plug from SF. Took NI years to develop Kontakt to this point, so let´s see if this is really a good choice at all.

2. petepx

petepx Kapellmeister

Hopefully, they learnt from the past and they outsourced the UX design, Phobos was such a disaster. I hope they did the same for the software engineering part. I got the intuition they did, I mean they wouldn't take a such big risk on a major title like this one.
    No final release date announced yet (we just know it may come in March), so I got the feeling they want to make it nice, and they don't want to rush a release before everything's been tested and finetuned. Only time will tell.

3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Spectrasonics were in a very similar position as they were only making 'regular' sample libs until they decided to go the VST route with Stylus and so on.

There's no reason why Spitfire wouldn't be able to succeed taking this same route.

4. Crater

Crater Ultrasonic

They get known by piracy, then they try to get rid off it and end up in oblivion s**t, trying everything from huge discounts to rent strategies (monthly plans and stuff) to stay alive... or untill they learn that won't change anything, cause their prices are massive for most producers...

But hey, that's how companies come and go, others will grow and take place...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. Crater

Crater Ultrasonic

U can't compare Omnisphere to any other product on the market, Spectrasonics made the right move cause they saw a sweet spot on the market, they do not make intrument libraries like hundreds of other companies...

6. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

As I said some months ago when Kontakt 5.6 appeared, I think the new direction decided by Native Instruments with Kontakt is completely wrong. Fight against piracy? OK. But last relesases (5.7.1 or 3) are on scene in the same way and composers don´t work with a 14" screen. Works with 28 or above. I work with 34 and 32 for mixer. If the first decission is to reduce GUI to 1000x750, bad beginnig.
    Anyway, there are lots of people buying legit Kontakt or any other soft. Or Native Instruments should close the business directly and third party companies wouldn´t acquire licenses for their new releases. The key of this is the economic year balance. Company increased benefits after Kontakt 5.6? So simple like this. And if Spitfire change from Kontakt to VST, Native Instruments should repare in the important question: a main client as Spitfire Audio release his last product nowadays without them. And Cinesamples, Soundiron and the others? Will do the same?

7. Listening_player

Listening_player Member

I totally understand why Spitfire is going this way. I mean, have any of you guys created your own instrument in Kontakt. I recently have and ksp is really powerfull but in terms of intuitivity it´s a real pain in the ass. The gui is way to small and you can see that the way you do things hasn´t really changed since version 1. So you basicly have a 16 year old workflow in an industry leading product, I´m surprised they haven´t done this earlier.

8. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

NI: "I don't want to fix my stuff and updating my major products, I want to make new packs for Machine, and producing new useless plugins made in Reactor for kids".

Kontakt is mamont, indeed. Seems they desided just to shit on Battery and Kontakt.

9. zpaces

zpaces Producer

I recorded a small string ensemble in a church already and sweet-spotting is a very very individual thing. You can't setup 26 mics to find a sweet spot on luck. It alway depends on the playing techniques, styles. And also the key of the song can have an influence for catching those specific "sweet" frequencies, especially in a room such as a church.

10. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

Well, that's the point. Read about Boomlibrary (how they are searching for SS). For things like sample libraries, SS is pretty controllable and predictable subject and this work that must be included in process of developing those libraries. Simply speaking the sound of non-main mics must have "it"(specific and unique feelings). That's what worth the money and time. They haven't done the job with HZ Piano, that's why ppl made pretty understandable conclusion - it's not worth the money and SSD space.

11. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

This isn't even the biggest shock from Spitfire this month. The really earth-shattering news? I always imagined (from knowing his voice like the back of my hand =) Paul Thompson to look something like a combination of:

[​IMG]

Instead he looks something like a combination of:

[​IMG]

8O also ;____;