Spitfire Audio - Hans Zimmer Strings

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Mousikanos, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Mousikanos

Mousikanos Guest

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

No longer for Kontakt :( Well it was fun while it lasted. I hope it won't go the way of East West with a crappy buggy engine.

4. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I wonder if this departure from the Kontakt platform will be the way of the future?
    Kontakt is getting old.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. sideshowtmc

sideshowtmc Producer

I mean Kontakt is ever evolving so wouldn’t really call it old but it has been out for several years and we have been on kontakt 5 for awhile.anyways it’s pretty funny they got so butthurt by the realease of their products last year, they decided to make their own plugin probably with some fancy encryption. Pretty much only reason for switching from kontakt

6. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

They know that kontakt is cracked - so their libs as well.... This is a beginnig of switching from kontakt to their own engine. Propably all new next libs will be on their engine as well.... Also new libs LABS will be on thins engine too - but totally free..

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

ATM just one Q comes to my mind - "designed for composers, by composers"

For composers that just gave up, a REAL orchestra will ever perform their pieces...?? :dunno:

8. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Also interesting: Description say "The machine must be connected to the internet." No use of the plugin on offline PCs?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. gatus

gatus Kapellmeister

Ouchhhhh:woot:...................we are fucked :dunno:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Another reason may be the high cost of the Kontakt engine license fees and royalties for Spitfire. When Kontakt fees are higher than the cost of an own programmer team, they may have decided to switch.

11. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I now have eight people disagreeing with the fact that Kontakt V1 was released initially in 2002.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2018
  12. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Hey, next year it's allowed to vote. [​IMG]

13. sideshowtmc

sideshowtmc Producer

Honestly didnt even think of that.

14. zpaces

zpaces Producer

This is just a HDD/SSD eater! No one really needs a string library this big (184 GB)

Think about it, if you REALLY need 147 techniques in 234 presets with 26 mic positions for your composition. This is just ridiculous! I mean 26 mic positions!? Really!? This reminds me to Spitfire's Hans Zimmer Piano with 211 GB! This is just nonsense!

But what do you expect from Spitfire, when their workers send their Newsletter out, when they are drunk!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

I have a 39 years electric guitar and wouldn´t change it for nothing. Just name a single software with the capabilities of Kontakt.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  16. Philby

Philby Member

Likely Orchestral Tools will be next with their own player. The small devs will still support Kontakt out of necessity.

I also would never get a library of such obese string ensembles. Just use a synth pad!

17. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

Actually it has sense, but only if there are different record chains. But if the only difference is position, it's nonsense indeed. 3-4 position is enough. All other should be 1)searching for specific sweet spots and 2)using different chains to create and/or emphasize specific character.

18. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

I think that you are not right. Kontakt is still superb sampler in so many ways and just imagine for every sample library you have to instal dedicated software,oh my, that would be pain in the ass. I figured that recently when i was reinstaling my studio PC and i saw just in that a big advantage, one VST for XXX programs/libraries... And every old project is loading without any error and i dont need to think ,did i instaled this or that to recall complete project , again... That is just one reason in sea of other possibilities of Kontakt,my oppinion.... And this 5.7 version is fast as f**k , i just cant believe how much they improved program itself wih just one small number update...Imaagine Kontakt 6,7 etc....I can't really...

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  19. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

I think they are going off kontakt because of the piracy. Can't blame them. Unfortunately their other non-Kontakt instruments completely SUCK from a stability functionality standpoint. So buggy and difficult to install and authorize, and keep authorized. Their customer service is terrible as well. I think they are taking a gamble that they will save on the kontakt fees, avoid kontakt piracy, pay Hans his royalty for using his brand name and somehow make more than if they had just made Mural v23 and paid NI the royalty.

This must represent a giant investment from them. They are betting the farm on it. If it fails as hard as the HZ piano they might go out of business. $600 is a pretty steep asking price for ultimately yet another string library as well.

I think a lot of people won't care what the actual content is, going to another platform is just a non-starter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  20. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Not a bad thing that they are bypassing kontakt if they are able to make a much more optimized plugin. Only time will tell.

21. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Allow me to disagree on your last point. The content in Spitfire's case is crucial and kontakt is just one mean to use this content.

Kontakt might be a monopoly right now but it doesn't mean this is the best. If Spitfire is able to optimize this plugin then bypassing kontakt makes a lot of sense.

In the end of the day this is just a sample library and the choice of kontakt or anything else to use it shouldn't matter. Of course it remains to be seen once this is available for review.