Spire users: I need somebody (a Cyberpunk) Help!

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Mynock, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hy guys... having some headaches trying to replicate the lead sound in sixteenth notes, from the track Adam Smasher (Cyberpunk 2077 OST), at 01:25:

I'm trying to use Reveal Sound Spire, because, well, I really like this synth. Could anyone who is a Spire expert and has a generous soul give me a tip on how to get as close as possible to this reference?

Thanks in advance!

3. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Pretty difficult huh? I managed to partially isolate the sound event, however, there is an attenuation of the distortion. I decided to try to replicate this sound using Spire 'cos I use it quite often and I think it is very light (VA/FM/AM), its filters are great, it has a wonderful reverb and, in general, it has a warm and involving sound. However, I don't know if it would be the most suitable tool for this. Would it be easier to try to reproduce this on Vital or Diva? (I ask this 'cos I'm not a Serum user (I think it's a much heavier synth and its libraries are too big for my HDs) and in terms of wavetable synthesis, I'm starting to use Vital.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024

Attached Files:

4. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

I am not that deep into reproduction, but what you can try use Synplant2 make the Sample shorter and feed it with the Sample and let the AI do some Synth Presets out of it until it comes close. After that you can see the Parameters and rebuild it in the Synth of your choice like Spire and get into fine tuning until you match the Sound to your needs.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hi mate! Already did that and the result was neither good nor bad, mainly because it doesn't have the punch of a properly constructed preset. But yes, in my project I am using, on a temporary basis, a preset matched by Synplant 2, but I confess that I need to become more familiar with its oscillators, effect chain, etc (Symplant has a very different visual configuration than other synths and its manual does not go much further than what is explained in the plugin itself).

6. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Probably fastest if you make an account on presetshare.com and search for 'cyberpunk'. And yeah, Spire isn't very popular. But you can glean the relevant details from a Vital patch, or Serum.

7. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

Found an interesting article about the soundtrack: https://www.denofgeek.com/games/cyberpunk-2077-soundtrack-music-listen-free/

The Article says they did not use any Software Synth for Production. They used old obscure Synths like Folktek Mescalines and Polivoks. The Polivoks is available in UVI's Synth Anthology Collection so maybe you can try that. Interesting Fact the whole Soundtrack is composed in A Minor.

Also here is a Quote from the Article:

“What we’ve done is ridiculous,” Leonard-Morgan explains. “It hasn’t been done before. We’ve composed with virtually no software at all. It’s all external gear. So it’s all weird and wacky synthesizers, all weird modular synths, always stuff which you then had to record the audio and process that around. You can never recreate the sounds again.”

The hasn't been done Part is overhyped imo, because back in the Day when there was no Software i bet many Productions where made like this. Maybe he means an Game Soundtrack wasn't done that Way nowadays.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Dude this is a gold mine! Thank you very much for the recommendation :excl: :guru::wink:

9. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

I wonder if everything that was said is true (without wanting to polemicize or space out), since I don't own the truth, but sometimes, a little folklore helps with what would be called mythification... Anyway, thanks a lot for this very interesting reference!