Spectrasonics shocking support for Omnisphere 2!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by DeepStar, May 6, 2015.

1. DeepStar

DeepStar Member

Hi guys

I feel like the only unlucky sod to have this problem...

As many of you know, the Spectrasonics Techshop collapsed under the weight of Omnisphere 2 upgrade rush. After a few days I emailed their support asking very nicely for access to the upgrade. A nice lady responded promptly and gave me a 'secret' link to the Techshop. Excited, I jumped onto the site only to get denied: "Upgrade Not Eligible. According to our records, you are not currently eligible for this upgrade." Slightly upset, I email them back asking them to fix this clear error (I bought Omnisphere shortly after V2.0 was announced) and since then I have not received a scrap of correspondence from them.

I've now emailed them 4 times with not even a sniff of a reply.

Is anyone else experiencing such shit support? Can anyone recommend a course of action? Anyone know someone at Spectrasonics?

I live outside America so phoning them was at first out of question but it looks like I may have to...

Thanks guys

EDIT:
    I think I may have figured out the source of my woes. I don't think I properly authorised my product when I bought it. I originally had a cracked version and when I re-installed it, it just worked and I never went through the authorization process. I'm pretty sure this is what is at the heart of my problem.

So new question:

How do I fully uninstall so that I can reinstall and get Omnisphere to give me the challenge code so that I can properly register it?

3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

They are currently flooded its only been a few days since rls, sit back and wait like the rest of the world.

Delete the reg key in 2 places

4. DeepStar

DeepStar Member

Hi The-Robot

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where these regkeys are?

The Techshop is back up and running so the rest of the world had access now

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I agree with The-RoBoT, I was gonna suggest the same thing. Everyone wants a piece of whatever this team puts out so it's to be expected that they can't handle the flood on the 2nd version release of their flagship synth. We've had times that we've gone down and it's so jarring because we're very reliable and have been for many many years but it happens. Can't even imagine the kind of interest they got.

Really happy to hear that it was a purchase on this one, these guys deserve it for sure. *yes*

6. copylefter

copylefter Producer

If you're on Mac:
    Omnisphere1 regkey: /Users/*YOU*/Library/Preferences/net.spectrasonics.V4.plist
    Omnisphere2 regkey: /Users/*YOU*/Library/Preferences/net.spectrasonics.V6.plist

Can't tell for sure about Win, a friend I was looking at together yesterday said on Win
    they store auth data in a file name AUDIO6.DAT or AUDIO16.DAT (the former I think),
    can't remember cause I didn't paid much attention since I needed to look at Mac side
    and my mirc decided not to save just that conversation history for some reason...

Don't ask me where those file are though, he didn't said, but probably
    AppData/Roaming or something like that, really dunno, I'm ignorant at Windows :bleh: :rofl:

7. DeepStar

DeepStar Member

The Techshop was out of action for about 4 days. I was lucky enough to get a link to the upgrade during that time. But now it's a case of getting me Omnisphere to authorise properly. I've searched my registry and found 2 places that refer to Omnisphere and spectrasonics respectively. I'm going to try my luck and delete those 2 entries after a full uninstall and try again. I'm hoping that does the trick.

If anyone knows exactly what I need to do to get a clean install (to achieve a re-authorise of omnisphere) I'd highly appreciate it!

8. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Look my reply above yours mate. Would be cool if you at least mention what OS you're on if you want help *yes* :wink:

9. DeepStar

DeepStar Member

Hi Copylefter

Thank you! You've solved my problem! I found AUDIO14.DAT under ProgramData/Spectrasonics (Win 8) and deleted it, opened Omnisphere and it opened the auth page. Quickly did the authorisation and viola Omnisphere 2 is now available for upgrade!!

Thanks Audiosex!! I knew someone would be able to help me!!

10. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Ok, so I remember right what my friend said, AUDIO16.DAT for Omnisphere2, so it's logical that AUDIO14.DAT is for Omnisphere1,
    Glad you found it out, and be sure if there's a place where you are sure to find someone able to help you out with software issues, that place is AudioSex *yes* :break:

:mates:

11. DeepStar

DeepStar Member

I couldn't agree more! :mates:

12. thenightflyer

thenightflyer Newbie

I asked 2 days ago about the upgrade, and after 5 mins they sent me the "secret" link where to make the upgrade. I bought Omnisphere 1 on October 2014 so i took the upgrade for free..everything is ok.
    Maybe due to many requests their server and support collapsed....

13. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Ok so now you been Helped! Please help us! Share Please :wink: :rofl:

14. thenightflyer

thenightflyer Newbie

:mates: :mates: :mates: :mates: :mates: :mates:

15. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

or at least write up a review here :wink:

enjoy

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

You're getting a warning for that. No warez requests and you should know better by now. :bleh:

17. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

:bleh: yourself ! Grow up was a joke not a request Dry Humor

18. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Oh yeah I never make jokes. You know the saying: behind every joke there's a little bit of truth. So what you're telling me is that now in addition to working on two forums, I also have to read into the mood of your comment and its intention. This sounds an awful lot like the people that tell me that they didn't make a request in the comments on AudioZ, it was a wish. :rofl:

19. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

20. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Sent you a PM studio5599.

21. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Making a request on a public forum that Spectrasonics and all other developers can see is not that bright, regardless if you were joking or not. You have already been warned a few times during your short stay here and if you value your membership then I highly suggest you get with the program or the joke may be on you next time you try to log in and can't because I banned you. Now I am sure that you will want to retort but before you do think about this one fact, Catalyst is the nice one here, me... I am the asshole that will bounce you faster than you can ever imagine.