Spectrasonics products GUI issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Randlefish, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Randlefish

Randlefish Newbie

Hello, everyone
    After installing latest Spectrasonics Mac update by Moria (9.12.2021) the GUI of both Keyscape and Trillian have gone crazy, displaying double knobs for a single parameter and hiding others.
    Do you know what this may be and how to possibly fix it?
    Worst case scenario, should I use an older maybe working update or is there a way to delete the update files?

Attached Files:

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @Randlefish, please read this through:

General: Windows Graphics Troubleshooting
    www.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=242&categoryID=20

4. Randlefish

Randlefish Newbie

Hey Beat! I read it but unfortunately I am on Mac and don't have those specific settings.
    Do you know if I can just deleted these update files wherever they have been stored so that I can go back to my previous (pretty old) versions that didn't have this GUI issue?

Also, do you know if I could perform a clean install without having to delete the STEAM folder (which is on my external SSD) or without having to download a version with it inside?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You never need to delete the STEAM folder.
    You only need to run the Omnisphere uninstaller and then install your desired version of Omnisphere.

6. Randlefish

Randlefish Newbie

Ok, that's really great to know! Do you know where I can find said uninstaller?

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

8. Randlefish

Randlefish Newbie

Thank you very much, I was reading it just now. Basically I only need to remove the AU, VST and VST3 from my plugins folder and maybe delete everything in my Spectrasonics folder except for the STEAM alias, am I right?
    Also, last and very important thing: do you know where I can find the proper unlocked installers for Omnisphere, Keyscape and Trillian? I only need the installers and not the STEAM folder, as I wouldn't want to download 180 GB again ahah

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Sorry, I am a Windows user and I cannot help with Mac. Please have a look in your mailbox!
    It doesn't matter if you update or go back. You never need to install STEAM.

10. Diamz

Diamz Member

I am not sure this release is stable. I had noted on the thread that the app and plugin components in this release are almost half the size of the original installers, so I do not feel it is a complete functional product. I did not notice a gui issue, but definitely still had issues recalling presets in Keyscape and Trilian. Not sure about Omnisphere, which seemed ok. I have reverted to the previous Moria release 2.8.1c, I think 30.11.21 or thereabouts. I don't think this one was modified in the same way. Omnisphere and Keyscape work well for me, though Trilian still has issues saving and recalling presets. Best workaround I have found for running anything past 2.6.4c. Hope this helps.

11. Randlefish

Randlefish Newbie

That's nice to know, Diamz! I never had a GUI issue before, but the version I installed was a bundle from late 2020 I believe. Now I will try to go back to Moria release 2.11.21 which has the 2.8.1c. I hope it will fix this.
    So, in order to revert to another update should I just deleted AU, VST, VST3, App and everything inside Spectrasonics folder except for the Steam alias inside and the Steam folder in my external SSD, am I right?

12. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

13. Diamz

Diamz Member

Yes, that's the one. Remove everything except for STEAM. Caches and prefs in user folder (settings and plist files from previous). I think the sound source and patch updates for your STEAM folder are also in that install, but if not you can find them in the recent r2r releases for PC (the Mac ones that is). That is the correct Moria version though. Most stable for a long while.

14. Randlefish

Randlefish Newbie

Well, I reverted to the version put it still display the messed up GUI... I don't understand why it is behaving like this. It all happened after the latest Moria update..

15. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

16. Diamz

Diamz Member

Give this a try, to remove all associated files. Make sure you also remove the settings files for Trilian, Omnisphere and Keyscape in user preferences folder. Also that your STEAM folders are updated to the latest versions. You can find these in recent R2R uploads if not here as previously mentioned.

https://www.corecode.io/uninstallpkg/