Spectrasonics Omnisphere v2.8.2c - 12/9/2021

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by BEAT16, Dec 9, 2021.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

You mean Omnisphere, Machfire and Halion were based on the UVi Engine (but now have their own engine) and UVi's Engine has now their own plattform with Falcon/UVi Workstation?

@BEAT16 I dont think it sounds different to Atmosphere comparing with Omnisphere Atmosphere Library?

2. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

This is probably due to my high-resolution audio interface. Back then I was listening to Atmosphere sounds every day, then Omnisphere came along and you could load and play Atmosphere there. it wasn't the same for me and I never played atmosphere sounds again.

Analysis & Iteration: The UVI Developement Story
    www.attackmagazine.com/features/long-read/analysis-iteration-the-uvi-development-story/

Olivier: As far as the UVI story, it’s longer than most people realise, I think. UVI was founded 20 years ago and originally focused on developing sound libraries for hardware samplers. From there we expanded to software development with the UVI Engine, but still kept a focus on sound libraries with the PlugSound series and others.

PlugSound was actually one of the first sample-based virtual instruments, with six versions aimed at different instrument types including keyboards, strings, drums, synth, etc. Around this same time we worked with Eric Persing on Spectrasonics‘ first plugin release as well. The UVI Engine was subsequently used by MOTU as the core of MachFive, one of the first software samplers, and we continued collaborating with them for versions 2 and 3.

We’ve continued developing sound banks and have over 40 available now, including hardware synth-focused releases like Vintage Vault and PX Apollo and acoustic instruments like Orchestral Suite and the IRCAM Prepared Piano. In the last few years we’ve started looking at effect plugins, releasing Sparkverb and Relayer. We released BeatHawk for iPad. And of course, there’s Falcon, which represents the latest iteration of the UVI Engine and was a lot of fun to bring to market.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. suckajim

suckajim Member

Thank you very much :D I've never used that rescan button to be honest but you have solved the issue. I can load presets from 3rd party libraries again (that were already installed)

5. gipa1727

gipa1727 Ultrasonic

resuéla para el que tiene el mismo problema. tienes que instalar solo vts3 no vst solo vst3 y voila que resuelve todo.. gracias beat16 x all

6. dondada

dondada Rock Star

i think there is a deeper colab. between uvi and all those firms
    but halion for example looks very much like a modern mach5, and with ompnisphere 2 you see what extensive custom code can generate.
    on the other hand all those internal effects looked less(er) custom in the beginning, and more like the standard uvi kit.
    Jamal of Gospel M. talked about how rich the standard uvi kit and "affordable" the system was. and how customizable.
    i think the (slow)death of mach5 3, propelled falcon into existence, how and why is anyone's guess.

7. Dr Pablito

Dr Pablito Ultrasonic

This may all be as you say, but the truth is that the existing expansions for Omnisphere are much more varied than what I've experienced in Falcon so far. And the approach to programming and editing sounds seems more intuitive to me in Omni. But I believe that after getting to know the software well, this difference fades a little.

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You have a peculiar style of writing. It may be that you write, but only you know the truth and what I have written is therefore not true. With you it only seems - but that is not knowledge, it is only felt and superficial. Get started and learn how to program sounds. Then you can also criticize my opinion.