Spectrasonics Omnisphere update question

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by BigEmptySky, Apr 21, 2012.

1. BigEmptySky

BigEmptySky Member

Hello all, glad I found this web site. I am a newb here and I am sorry if my question has already been covered but I have not seen it yet.

I have a question for you seasoned Omnisphere users.

I bought Omnisphere via eBay - not so sure that was one of my brightest moves in life - I am still trying to get the serial number and manual from the guy I bought it from. So I have 6 Spectrasonics Omnisphere DVD's in hand and no SN yet - not so much fun for me yet.

He says he bought it when it came out. So my thinking is that was a 1.0 release? Via an email he said something about it being Software 1.0.1e, Soundsources 1.0.1 and Patches 1.0.2.

I have been searching the web and found that the current release is Software 1.5.6d, Soundsources 1.0.2 and Patches 1.5.5. I created a login at Spectrasonics but until I get the serial number from the guy I bought it from I cannot see what updates are there - and - I hope this guy transfers ownership to me too - otherwise I am screwed - thinking positively for now and am waiting for him to get back to me with the serial number and the manual (which is supposed to have the SN in it per the Spectrasonics web site FAQ) - he apologized for not shipping it with the DVD's and says it's on the way.

Here is my question: Once I get Omnisphere installed will I be able to update to the current versions right away? I see people on the web asking questions about various updates and applying them in a particular order etc and then their install no longer works etc.

Does Spectrasonics combine their older updates into the newer updates?

Would I be able to go from Software 1.0.1e, Soundsources 1.0.1 and Patches 1.0.2 to the 1.5.5e update that I have read about (supposedly it has a software update, Patch Library update and Soundsource update) and then apply the 1.5.6d update?

Is there a specific order of applying the updates? If - for example - Omni is at Software 1.0.1e and there is a Software 1.0.1f is that how Spectrasonics updates go? Do you have to apply them in some archaic order like that? I hope that is not the way it is. How many updates are there to get current? Does the Spectrasonics web site once you have your SN and register tell you what updates you need?

I am on a Mac - though I doubt that matters when it comes to updates. When Apple releases an update it is a combined update - if a user is at OS X 10.5.2 Apple has an update that would bring them up to 10.5.8 (the last 10.5 update before 10.6.x came out). Are Spectrasonics updates the same way?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

3. Azid87

Azid87 Newbie

Hello i hope i can help.

ive you bought it than you become a spectrasonics acount to it ore, you can register omnisphere at the page and

wenn you login you can see all updates in am time line thats way to install these updates too

every patch and soundsorce updates brings new sounds to omnisphere.

at least you have to install the last software update 1.5.6d at the moment.

and then register it with the channel response code.

4. Jessycd

Jessycd Noisemaker

If you know this person's name or his Spectrasonics account ID you can try to email them explaining your case, with pictures of the DVDs and more proves that you can find (Screen shot of Ebay's deal etc)

Maybe they Will be able to help you. I know Native Instruments helped some people in the same case.

Anyway, I hope the guy will send you the SN !

Good luck ;)

5. Lord Gaga

Lord Gaga Member

Yes, it's very simple in fact to update Spectrasonics' products - why some people are still thinking they must install every updates following a special order remains a mystery to me. All you have to do is to install Omnisphere (your 6 DVDs) and then install the latest update (v1.5.6d), which includes all previous ones.

BTW, if you can't get the original key, there is a convenient tool floating around in the AiR... :wink:

6. BigEmptySky

BigEmptySky Member

Ah yes, Lord Gaga, I've found some fresh AiR...

All up-to-date and running just fine - very easy - sweet integration with Trilian too.

Thanks Man!!! You Rock!!!

7. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Anybody know where to find the 1.5.5 Patch update??