Spectrasonics Omnisphere Installation

Discussion in 'PC' started by abhinavjoshua, Feb 13, 2014.

1. abhinavjoshua

abhinavjoshua Noisemaker

Hi,
    I'm into a deep trouble! I use to have Spectrasonics Omnisphere but I have lost it now as it was stored on an external hard drive which has been stolen by some fu***** bas****! :(
    I downloaded it from a torrent site. It had 6 ISO discs, 1st disc containing the setup file along with the GIANT library continuing to second, third....six disc. It's around 40GB and I can't re-download it coz I really have a crappy internet speed.

Now, I only have the installed library left in my PC (Not the VST program, only library). Is there a way I can use that installed library by just downloading the 1st disc which contains the setup?

3. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

yes you can use the existing steam folder. just download disc 1 with the installer and updates. run the setup. when it gets to the stream part, hit cancel.

make sure your stream folder is in the correct place (or the shortcut).

when you start omnisphere it should find your steam folder (as long as the folder or shortcut is in the correct place).

install updates

4. abhinavjoshua

abhinavjoshua Noisemaker

Thanks man!

The disc is around 7GB. I just want the setup file. DO you have it?

5. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

No, you really should do: install only latest updater of app and after that point app to STEAM folder or you just make shortcut of steam folder in

WIN: C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics

MAC: /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application support/Spectrasonics/

and that's it! You don't need to dl DVD1, because you need just app and your DB is already updated...

6. gambit711

gambit711 Newbie

Hi I have the same problem as Mix_to_Master!

Mix, did you figure it out? How did you resolve the problem? Did you have to download 1 disc ? Any help is appreciated very much THANK YOU!