Spectrasonics new product

Discussion in 'Software News' started by yabiss, Aug 31, 2016.

?

What you think will be the next instrument from spectrasonics?

Poll closed Sep 3, 2016.
  1. Vocal Synth

18.0%
  2. Guitar Synth

16.0%
  3. Modular Synth

6.0%
  4. Orchestral Synth

10.0%
  5. Kontaktlike sampler

8.0%
  6. DAW

4.0%
  7. Nexuslike Rompler

12.0%
  8. Someting never seen or heard before

26.0%
  1. nycdl

nycdl Kapellmeister

it's like he's never been on a plane before . that picture is what NOT to be when you grow up. Those who can't become spectators .

2. Callaghan

Callaghan Member

If this Omni expansion took 10 years to develop, we'll be lucky to see RMX 2 before 2030 and nothing even remotely as good as UVI Falcon for much longer. What a let down.

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Lmao $400 for a keyboard rompler.

They really shot themselves in the foot with all the 10 DAYS hype. People would have been disappointed but now they're annoyed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. badwolf71

badwolf71 Newbie

Yep. I think you are right. There was a lot of expectation that Spectrasonics built up themselves, and after so long without anything truly new (Omni 2 is fantastic, but an update), I think fans (including myself) were hoping for something seriously groundbreaking. After all, it's the company that gave us Omnisphere and RMX FFS! Given what we did get was 'more pianos', after a 10 year development process (during which time it seems like nearly every week a new Kontakt piano library gets released) and add to that StylusRMX is long overdue an Omni style update, this is a let down to say the least given what that dev team is capable of.
    It's also overhype. If they had said it's a piano expansion like the Bob Moog set, people would be less peeved, and more 'oh cool, okay'.
    For me, I'd much rather a huge, deep, classic synth modelling plugin that handles exactly like the classics like Prophet 5, Polymoog, D50, M1 etc. I'm still waiting...

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Most puzzling was their little by-lines for their X DAYS advertisements... Some of them were like "It's not what you're expecting"... "Something totally new"

In fact it is what we were expecting. We expect another piano rompler to come limping out of the depths of mediocrity every 5 minutes or so. Just not from Spectrasonics.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. badwolf71

badwolf71 Newbie

This comment, for me, has hit the nail on the head! Boom! :like:

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Oh well, at least I wont need a bigger hard drive.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

SS made a product which will have 99% legit users.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. farao

farao Rock Star

I can totally understand the wining from people being disappointed, but only if you never learned to play the keyboard. For most keyboard players, an important thing is how much the virtual instrument actually feels and sounds like the real thing. This is not easy to get right. If they have nailed the feel and sounds of these keyboards they deserve nothing but praise. So the verdict imo is still out. Being disappointed or annoyed before playing it is simply saying you are not a keyboard player.

• Disagree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Interesting x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • List
  10. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

i'm a keyboard player. and yes, they nailed it. more than every other company until now. these are the finest keyboard samples I've ever listen to. I don't think I have right to speak more than any other of you, but I'm a keyboard player and yes, I really like how this sound. IMHO.

totally agree with @farao

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Jeez Louise, my expectations certainly got the better of me. The $399 is rough, I paid $359 for all of Omnisphere. This had better be the absolute most incredible fantastic wonderful realistic unmatched greatest of all time collection of keyboards ever in the known universe and trumping all comers bestest keyboard instrument collection of all time. Anything else and this is dead in the water where it lays next to my waterlogged socks and soggy sneakers. Does anybody know how to convert 77 gigs into kilograms, that's some heavy shit. I want to believe, really I do.

12. virusg

virusg Rock Star

well, im not dissapointed but me too i would prefered some other thing ...they nailed those keyboards, sounds really great ...guess they will sell many licences

13. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

dont forget Eric is involved into Gospel and Worshipmusic, these might be a huge group of ppl actually BUYING stuff.

Yes, its for real LIVE Keyboarders, which the YouTube Video and Players show perfectly.
    And for all the EDM , there are lots of alternatives like Serum Spire and Sylenth + + +

14. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

wtf i havnt expected this. thats what i needed most ... :deep_facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

It will be a Spectrasonics DAW i think. Just a guess.

16. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Keyboards .... sorry guys, but :(:rofl::sad::dunno::woot::no:

17. TonyG

TonyG Guest

KEYSCAPE which according to them is an extraordinary new virtual instrument featuring the largest selection of collector keyboards in the world. Ten years in the making, each of these rare, sought-after keyboards were carefully restored and then deeply multisampled by the renowned Spectrasonics Sound Development Team. These compelling and highly expressive sounds will inspire you to PLAY!
    Technical Specifications
    • Huge 77 GB library with over 500 sounds, 36 Instrument Models and Hybrid “Duo” Patches
    • Deeply Multisampled sounds with up to 32-way velocity switching, Round Robins, etc
    • Mechanical Noise, Pedal Noise and Release Noise behavior modeling
    • Patches feature authentic circuit modeled amps and effects
    • Optional “Lite” installation (30 GB) for stage use
    • Omnisphere® 2 integration

18. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

10 years for this. It's disappointing :thumbsdown:

19. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

haven't really looked at it, but... um, meh... I'm sure it sounds great, but loaded to the gills on this kind of stuff right now...

20. Crater

Crater Ultrasonic

Not really 10 years i suppose... 1st year was like: "Keys?", 2nd was: "Where was i, oh yesss", 3th: "Lets start that sh*t"...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List