Spectrasonics new product

Discussion in 'Software News' started by yabiss, Aug 31, 2016.

?

What you think will be the next instrument from spectrasonics?

Poll closed Sep 3, 2016.
  1. Vocal Synth

18.0%
  2. Guitar Synth

16.0%
  3. Modular Synth

6.0%
  4. Orchestral Synth

10.0%
  5. Kontaktlike sampler

8.0%
  6. DAW

4.0%
  7. Nexuslike Rompler

12.0%
  8. Someting never seen or heard before

26.0%
  1. Infidel

Infidel Producer

I thought it was going to be a digital cross between a kazoo and a theramin with aftertouch and crossfade ability.
    BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. It is definitely some sort of synth instrument if you go by the clue. Saucer is a play on words for choosing the oscillator source, while butterfly hints at effects as in "The Butterfly Effect". Who wants to wager?

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

WTF.
    I can make keys in Omnisphere.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Wow! I've never heard of the like. Apparently, Spectrasonics has been working 4 twenty yrs on their next synth, it's gonna b called Flutescape, and has over 1TB of panpipe samples; one of the most stunningly original surprises u will ever see using ur eyes. I think Eric Persing's sumhow got his gastric band wrapped around his brain, or smthn...

I'll wager u go & read my earlier post & I linked 2 very same thought process I had, on Wiki. Jeez, just wish I was back then, instead of here nao! Also, WTF was with that?!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Really, I hadn't seen it. I guess that it is just fairly obvious from the clue. We could still be totally off base.

6. Ahhh, thanks for posting. Seeing your avatar reminded me to try that software that you suggested the other day. I have been busy and it slipped my mind. :like:

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

You're right.

There could be some seriously whacked out granular stuff going on that we haven't seen yet.
    As of right now though: Spectrasonics Keyscape unveiling

8. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

The last time I hung out with my boys we were listening to some stuff played on some kind of vintage e piano, probably some rhodes or something along the lines. Well since they have always been on the more traditonal music end of things, they were commenting about how well they sounded and how in some ways computer instruments can't replicate that. I don't know if it was because it was the way these keys were mic'ed or something but for the first time I didn't argue with them and I really knew what they were talking about. The different fluctuations between the velocities, the sound made by physically striking the keys so many different complex variables that went into making this thing sound the way it did. While I could think a multitude of different ways to take some similar sounds in multiple different vsts and layer them and throw some effects on them, it still might not be the same. There were certain imperfections in the tone that weren't deliberate but totally made it sound organic.

Either way I haven't picked up a single one of my bass guitar Kontakt instruments ever since I started using Trillian. I for one am really excited how this might add more organic and humanizing feelings to the piano and other keys. If there is one thing that Spectrasonics does and does really well is blurring the lines between organic instrumentation and digital music so I'm really forward to hearing some of the demos.

9. daytone

daytone Member

well that was a disappointment, what a let down.
    im off to buy the new volca kick and the arp odyssey desktop as some retail therapy.

10. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Ok, their page is now updated (hope you have 77 GB free on your HD):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  11. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

From the acoustic pianos list, I see that Steinway and Bosendorfer are already missing. Only the C7 is included.

12. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Well, Spectrasonics DID surprise me with the announcement. I expected anything but boredom.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

Their modelling is always good, they seem to really scrape everything they can out of the instruments they sample. Im looking forward to a good extensively modelled keyboard that is efficient with memory etc. I have high hopes.

14. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

I think that they are walking somewhat in UVI's shoes.. Falcon + UVI's Soundware is working in a similar fasion as Omnisphere + Keyscape libs. I will still choose UVI's stuff..

15. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Of course, this thing sounds very good which shouldn't come as a surprise but why doing this in 2016?

It's a bit like if they were releasing Trillian today instead of ten years ago... It's not that it's bad, far from it, but the market is already saturated with similar libs. Their only advantage will be to include a lot of stuff in a single package instead of buying the libs separately.

And this come with the typical Spectrasonics price (400 USD!) which isn't cheap either. Of course, quality has a price but nonetheless.

Finally, beside the C7 which is in a different league, one of the closest contender is for me Arturia with all their VSTi keyboards which also sound great.

16. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

Admit it, you'd be disappointed either way. That's what happens when companies overhype their new releases.

17. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

18. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

6 pages of brouhaha... and all the anticipation...it better have the best Grand.. and the best Rhody evar !! :bleh:

19. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Well thats ruined my morning, just got up and looked on spectrasonics website to find their 4th instrument is another bloody set of sampled keys.

Since it works from within omnisphere, why the fuck didn't they market it as an expansion pack for omnisphere and price it at $200, its not worth $400 to me.

Same as @Exidus I think UVI have a better product for that sort of thing with Falcon and all their keyboard + synth libraries. And UVI are always having deals on their libraries, i haven't had to pay the full price for any of the 8 UVI libraries i have now.

I love spectrasonics stuff usually, i own omnisphere, trillian and stylus rmx but i wont buy this new one.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  20. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what 10 years of research will do...:rofl: