Spectrasonics Keyscape Soundsource question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Moogerfooger, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

does anyone know what alt1 means following a soundsource name. EX: MKS-20 EP1 ALT1^... there are 2 EP1 soundsource files both are the same in size and sound identical to each other by what I can hear. But one file has ALT1 ^ at the end of the file name. I know what RR or Lite means, but I cannot for the life of me find information pertaining to the definition or function of what ALT1^ means???? Help... Thanks & Merry Christmas!!!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Omni has an Info panel per preset, maybe look at that, now I am no expert but MKS 20 , I assuming is based on the korg MS-20, EP usually means electric piano but with out looking at the info , your guess is a good a mine on what it really is based on and ALT =Alternative , and is a very well known abbreviation ,In this case i think it is basically just another variation of a certain patch, not sure if I am correct but ..I am!!

4. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

The MKS-20 was a Roland SAS synth released after the DX7 craze. Not a mono synth & definitely not an analogue one at that... I still have no clue what the abrev means. Like I said, both soundsets sound the same & the sizes are equal. Guess I'll just have to wait for Spectrasonics feedback... If that ever happens.

5. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

good luck with that ,i am still waiting for a response from back when i had a problem with version 1