Spectrasonics Composite Morphing File Help

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by memphis12, Jun 28, 2012.

1. memphis12

memphis12 Newbie

Hi, anyone have any idea what Composite Morphing is in Omnisphere? Reason I ask, I had to back up a failing hard drive, but the file "Composite Morphing" under Application Support/STEAM/Soundsources/Factory/Core Library won't copy. It's like a 5 gb file so its seems to be something of importance. Any idea on what it does, and if it's something I need, what part of the installation process would you think this file is installed? I don't want to have to reinstall everything from scratch for just one file and I think that would help if anyone knows. Hope to get some Thanks.

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

its part of the sound library so far i know - its essential to keep - when you wanna use all presets/sounds in omnisphere.

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Memphis12,

The only advice I can give you if you want to get the maximum of your 'Omnisphere' in terms of new sounds and textures creation, and that you can get with the help of 'new' sampling technologies proper to Spectrasonics is to keep preciously this 'Composite Morphing' along your 'Omnisphere' Library. *yes*

Here you can understand why :
    The huge core library of Omnisphere is filled with years of creative sampling experiments and thousands of inspiring patches. Spectrasonics has pioneered several brand-new types of sampling for the core library of this instrument, including unique “Psychoacoustic” sounds and soundsources created with a new Composite Morphing Technique (CMT) - which morphs the harmonic characteristics of one instrument to another.