Sparkverb: does anyone knows this plugin?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Evorax, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Does anyone tried this plugin? Please share some thoughts about it if you did so. I just haven't heard about this reverb tool before. :mates:

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Its a UVI plug!

4. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

I had seen it somewhere, don't remember where exactly. Maybe when I was hunting for new reverb plug-ins around the web. Thought that "universe" thing was interesting but never got back to it. Thanks for the reminder.

5. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Some thoughts about if you used it, would be alot more helpful :rofl:
    I'd like to know if it can stand up between the others mainstream reverb plugs. (And yea', i know, you can say "why don't you try it for yourself?", but as long as this forum exist, i think there's alot of pros here who can share their opinion about it)

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

wasnt this using an egglok? if yes thats the reason why i never tried it.
    got a bunch of reverbs here (all kinds) no need for another one.

7. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

That's right, neither i, but i was curious about it because i didn't knew anything about this plugin, not even about the company.

8. twinny123

twinny123 Noisemaker

You can download and try a DEMO, but you have to install the Ilok licence manager to do so, it is only active for a short number of days though. I tried it and didn't really feel that I needed it for my DAW, but I thought it was quite good and bought the UVI Ultramoog, which has it in its effects section.

9. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Well, yes... Here is my story:
    After a few hours of reading this here I decided to look it up and try it. I went to the site looking for a demo. Went to the page and saw the demo downloads. I find the page. I see the downloads. "Awww, cute" I'm thinking. I instantly download it and install it without reading anything. Or maybe I read something... Mostly the description mentioning how awesome it is. I launch the DAW with an appetite, scan and proceed to load the plug-in. Then I'm greeted by an error message saying it couldn't be run because it couldn't find the iLok license manager. "WTFOMFG moment" I stop in awe for a moment... Then I say "No! This isn't right. Can't be!" I delete the instance and re-load... And a third time...

[​IMG]

I then go to iLok.com. I stare at the site thinking how ugly it looks. Then I look around. My eyes stop at a box on the upper left saying "Create Free Account". I'm moving the mouse and stop just before I click the button thinking "I don't really want to do that". I download the manager anyway, to see just how much I/it can fail. I got in the trouble, so, let's do something with it.

[​IMG]

- Pause - In the meanwhile I re-read the plug-in's description "Conveniently switch between these two license protection modes at any time. The choice is yours." Ok, so maybe I had read that before and it was an extra reason to proceed... Then the questions arise: Do I need to register and install the manager? Do I need the dongle and to register? Can I put a trial serial? Will it run with some kind of limitation, pause in sound, beeps, etc.? Do I register with the manager and then can change it to simple install? Or that can't be done with the demo? How much crap will it install? Will it be easy to uninstall? Will the manager keep running? It it worth all the fucking hassle? (...)
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I decide to install the manager sandboxed to avoid all the extra hassle since I wouldn't want the computer to be infested with soon-to-be-uninstalled crap. Setup fails twice, probably due to access restrictions. [x2] "Fuku fuku uuuuuuuu!" I cancel the friggin' setup and delete the sandbox instance. I rage-quit and delete both setups. I really tried but... Ok, I can do without it... Or try something that I can actually try. Today! I did everything EXCEPT demoing the fookin' plug-in. Now I'm slowly recovering...

P.S. I now remembered why I haven't still tried EWQL Spaces.

Verdict: [​IMG]

10. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Thanks alot man :mates: . Now, because of your post, i realised that i don't have to regret the fact that i opened this topic instead of DEMOing the plugin by myself, because you saved me from alot of hassle and rage :rofl: . P.S.: i don't like this kind of ilok shit either. :sad:

11. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

This reverb has no parameter for the pre-delay, for whatever strange reason.

This is quite a deal-breaker for me, because I use pre-delay all the time.
    Can't believe UVI "forgot" that :wow:

I'm sure they can explain the lack of it as some awesome feature, though :rofl:

12. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Thank you for your opinion, and yea', pre-delay parameters are a must in some cases/situations.
    P.S.: i never heard of UVI till now and belive me, i used to know aloooot of plugins developer companies... till now. :wow:

13. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Maybe you didn't hear of them because they were developing mainly virtual instruments until now.

In fact, Sparkverb is just the standalone, more sophisticated version of the reverb found in the UVI Workstation.

14. jack

jack Newbie

Mostly the same here with "demoing" this Reverb. The Demo (video) sounded good. But I stopped (the setup) as I found out the demo also needs iLok. But good news: now iLok isn't required anymore. :bow:

Greets,
    Jack