Spaghetti Western Guitar classic sound, HELP! how can i make that with vst + a telecaster?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by kindleman, May 11, 2021.

1. kindleman

kindleman Member

HI all
    Im trying to recreate the classic spaghetti western sound i need to play just 2 open low notes for a track.
    i have amplitube 4 and guitar rig 6, have you done this before ? what would you suggest ? is there any presets that i can find somewhere online ?
    i have an american special telecaster
    thanks!!!

3. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Go for a midrange-y twangy tone, then depending maybe a tremolo, but then swamp it in spring reverb.

4. Dread_J

Dread_J Kapellmeister

Spaghetti Western = bass VI or barytone guitar.
    you will look after the oomph that bigger strings have.

10-52s or 11s (or higher) would help achieving the tone.

i would also try to lower the tuning.
    go to D or even C, depending on the strings.

try playing through a tube/valve ampeg sim with a 8x10 cab, may help to get that plain fat round tone. (works great on a simple zoom g3xn)

Not saying this is the way to go, but thats what i 'd try to emulate that morricone sound without a barytone axe