Soundtoys Storm Relief ($10 Plugins Sept. 20-21st)

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by dadarkman, Sep 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

[​IMG]

For those of you who would like to pick some more of Soundtoys TOYS (In case you don't own the whole Soundtoys 5 package legally already) then check this out:

From Soundtoys
    "Help deploy military veterans and first responders to provide disaster relief to those affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. On September 20 & 21 – for two days only – we’re offering Little AlterBoy, Little PrimalTap, Little MicroShift, Little Radiator and Devil-Loc for $10 each (reg. $79-99), and 100% of proceeds for ALL sales will be donated to Team Rubicon USA."

Help a great cause and in return own some great plugs. Kudos to those cool peeps at Soundtoys!!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

i see they are quite serious about storm relief

offering all the stuff which does not sell well to gain a positive image

• Funny Funny x 6
    • List
  4. SOKRVT

SOKRVT Kapellmeister

You can't satisfy everybody.

5. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Yeah don't quite get this one myself...Whilst the cause and all that is noble and all proceeds obviously welcome they have previously given ALL these plugins away as a free product or donationware...Now they ask ONLY $10 for each...Discount or some of the more popular plugins might be better welcomed possibly...or why not just make them donationware once again as they have been previously? Is this cause more deserving than previous incidents where they were made available with optional purchase price of $0? Why not make them donationware for two months with all proceeds going towards rebuilding or something?
    Anyway cool company and suppose they have their reasoning so now for 2 days only you can buy some plugins that were previously given away freely and help a good cause in doing so :dunno:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2017
  6. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

never waste a good crisis... yuck..

on the other hand... they did say 100% of proceeds would go to relief..
    so maybe it's not so bad of a move

• List
  7. nexusmusic

nexusmusic Kapellmeister

Either way its a great gesture and Soundtoys have always involved their company in helping other when in needed times.

Quick question, its been a long time we haven't seen any releases, updates or any new product announcements, is Soundtoys still making plugins??? Are they working on new stuff?

8. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I'm usually not the cynical type but it seems they just want people's emails.

Shame on them for offering the least wanted.
    Good on them for offering the proceeds.

9. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

How that makes sense though? They actually sent the email to people who already bought a product from them already. They don't even blast this on their main page. Unless you received the email or for whatever reason, you click on the news page on their site that's the only way you'd know about this promo. So, it's not like they are out trying to grab new signee at the expense of a tragedy.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  10. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

I'm pretty sure there may be a future promo that may fall in line to your taste. Sorry on this one!

11. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Its not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. They do this fairly frequently and for good causes:

http://www.soundtoys.com/moas-2/

I bought a few plugins from them last year during that campaign and with the free plugins they gave out during xmas, I was able to upgrade to the full Soundtoys 5 suite for $120.

They are using their platform to help others and you get a discount to upgrade if you want it. Whats not to like?

• List
  12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I'm in ... waiting to see tomorrow... a lot of devastation in the South this year

13. Kloud

Kloud Guest

I like soundtoys stuff and no need to say sorry whatsoever and is cool of you to highlight the appeal.
    Obviously it’s a great cause and like I said any proceeds are always welcomed for the people who need it :yes:
    The only thing was that I didn’t maybe agree in the manner in which they had gone about it.....Maybe I’m just being overly critical but don’t totally get the logic.
    All these plugins have been offered before in crisis situations as donationware where you can even say offer $0 and still come away with the plugin.
    When I thought about it I suppose I didn’t understand the two days only bit. The only thing I could come up with rationally was that they were raising a lump sum acutely for say an acute crisis situation and that was why.
    Well my only criticism would be that in such a situation then if you are trying to help you should maybe think about how you can maximise the benefit from whatever your resources are at your disposal.
    In this case my own personal thoughts that to maybe just make the plugins once more donationware for an extended period of time such as maybe 3 months is going to end up producing way more capital that can be used for the greater good.
    Personally I don’t believe a two day sale will do anywhere near as much good in the long run. The acute services are going to be delivered regardless of this sum so my own trail of thought was that possibly a scenario like I highlighted would ultimately maximise the benefit.
    The only thing was I didn’t quite get why they were choosing to do it this way really.
    However as I said, they most probably have their own reasoning and it’s a great cause.
    Like I said no need to say sorry whatsoever and good on you for highlighting it because at the end of the day it’s all for a great cause :bow:

14. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

maybe they'll be cool and run the upgrade special again around Christmas... :dunno:

15. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Probably or even shortly after every disaster :unsure:
    Yeah they run it every so often and also do like the half price upgrade offer thing quite often. Christmas most probably have an offer of sorts. Depends on the amount of plugins you own that qualify and you trade some licenses in for the upgrade itself.
    Think I got offer at under $100 at a certain time which is a pretty cool deal really as they do make some really good plugs :yes: :bow:

16. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Kloud agree... you get the best deal if you have the 5 "little" plugs... so I went ahead and picked up 4, (already had alter boy)
    I am hesistant to "donate" for relief most of the time.. since those types of operations are so notorious for misappropriating the
    funds for "administrative" expenses anyway... I usually prefer giving directly to someone I know firsthand has a need....
    so I have more confidence the gift actually accomplishes something..than lining someone's pocket...

your points are valid on this as well..

17. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

FROM SOUNDTOYS:
    Together, Soundtoys and our customers raised $176,000 for Team Rubicon USA through our Storm Relief giving event. Our donation deployed 447 military veterans and first responders to complete 351 work orders providing disaster relief to those affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Here's a special message to you from volunteer troops in the field in Beaumont, Texas.

18. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

No, I missed it! The storm sucked. I like Little MicroShift. Def would have paid 10$ for it.