Soundtoys question

Discussion in 'Software' started by 2poor2, Jun 27, 2023.

1. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

Hi all,

I was just wondering,
    Do you guys(and gals) know, if the Soundtoys plugins have one of the toughest copy protection schemes, much more robust and complex than other ilok- based plug-ins, and that simply makes it impossible to crack ?
    Maybe the ilok version used is way more complex than the ilok- based plug-ins that were cracked so far, and nobody will ever be smart enough to defeat its protection, today, tomorrow, or even 50 years from now.....?

By the way, is anyone still using the audioutopia version, today, especially echoboy, without many/any issues ?
    Also... i just checked the year when audioutopia shocked and surprised the entire planet... and shit, i can't believe it was in december 2016 ! Looks like it was just a few years ago.. but it's been almost 7 years...
    un-fukin-livible !

Thanks for your replies.

3. towerdefense

towerdefense Guest

If Plugin Alliance protection can be cracked, so can Soundtoys.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2023
  4. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

Just a matter of time, crackers are smart as R2R ,so we just need to be patient

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. fnord23

fnord23 Ultrasonic

I was wondering the same thing.. since it's very, very popular many people would try to do it but it seems that it's exceptionally hard for some reason? What is going on?

I'm sorry for to the people with a new Mac who can't go 100% M1 because of this one plugin which is 7 years old.

I remember Sylenth1 was also not cracked (again) for many years even though it was very popular some years ago.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

Some Teams can take a Demo version and make a release. Some programs they can need official full installer, and someone who will donate their legit license to the cause (which can often get burned in the process). Or a way to purchase it stealthily. Comments in some .nfo files make it sound like this isn't always so easy.

If "one program" is causing anyone to not update a machine or OS; that is an entirely different problem. There are adequate replacements for anything. Maybe a solution takes another instance loaded into the FX chain. If someone has "client work" they can no longer access; that is commercial use anyway, and they should go buy it so they can take care of their customer.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
  7. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Why don't you just buy it? I know the plugins are not cheap and some people in some countries really make very little money, but if you can potentially afford it, buy. They are worth it (in my opinion). Support plugin companies if their plugins are good and their policies are ok. This way you ensure the continuity of the company and the development of new plugins. Also developers have to pay rent. As I said, just my opinion :yes:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
  8. sine0

sine0 Noisemaker

If i were soundtoys, I would get in touch with R2R and make it worth their time, NOT to release it... just saying...

9. sisyphus

sisyphus Audiosexual

If I wanted soundtoys, and had been a fan for years of it, and been somewhat awake about it, and followed their promotions and sales, I would buy their whole package for ~$120 as it would be damn well worth it to me.

Oh yeah, that's what I did.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

NOTHING is impossible to crack. We see proof of this all the time. Yet some are still living in denial of this fact and just can't seem to exist knowing it's true. This is not only true about "soundtoys" but, Sonnox, Avid, and UA as well as a few others....

IMO, this has been going on for quite some time already which is the foremost reason we have only seen these so called "impossible to crack" releases so few to none, and far between...

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

They make plugins which are great enough to make it not worth releasing them. Read the "congratulations" note about the Vertigo Mac releases in the PC version nfo file. That did not happen in 24 hours.

12. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

hey BUBBiX its nail it lately too! we have some good people around here!! but i wonder the same.. why a popular company its not updated at the sis site

13. Starpino23

Starpino23 Noisemaker

I think teams don't want to crack Soundtoys, it's not a question of "can" or "cannot", from my understanding Soundtoys is one of the most developers who gives a lot of its revenue to charity, unlike many others who just want to milk every last penny from you, if i was a cracker I'd never crack a developer like Soundtoys, and yes teams have ethics and maybe this will make them look bad, idk guys it's just a thought, i might be wrong
    Despite all that , i gladly bought the entire bundle on a black Friday for 249$ even though i use 4-5 of their stuff

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Anyone ever think that some programs are now even MORE popular because they've been cracked? Millions of people around the globe train to use the software and recommend it, thus the software is purchased and is developed even more! Since at least 1997.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. clone

clone Audiosexual

Look at FL. But some people seem to think that breaking something automatically causes a release of it.