Soundtoys plugins fail validation in Logic 10.7.1 on my new computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Arcadiy Samsonov, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Arcadiy Samsonov

Arcadiy Samsonov Newbie

All plugins worked well on the previous computer silicon MacBook Pro 14 M1 Max OSX 12.1 which I had to replace due to the small screen. This new MacBook Pro 16 M1 Pro use the same OSX 12.1 system with an M1 Pro silicon processor that I migrated using the apple migration assistant utility. Having tried all possible options to no avail, the problem could not be solved. I reinstalled, rebooted the computer, uninstalled the component, rescanned and then installed again, rescanned. deleted the file from the cache. Constantly getting validation error:
    TESTING OPEN TIMES:
    COLD:
    Time to open AudioUnit: 2454.786 ms
    WARM:
    Time to open AudioUnit: 1034.687 ms
    This AudioUnit is a version 2 implementation.
    FIRST TIME:
    FATAL ERROR: Initialize: result: 4099

validation result: couldn’t be opened

Technical support gives standard advice that I have already followed
    I will be immensely grateful for any help from the guys.

Attached Files:

3. BigM

BigM Guest

I think this happens due to data migration, try completely removing plugin contents and reinstalling. Completely means soundtoys folders inside library,~library and Application Support.

Then before reinstalling, perform an audio-unit rescan and check if soundtoys plugins are gone from manager, if it is reinstall plugins.

Since plugins are legit i don't think that this is a codesign or quarantine issue, but feel free to check by running following commands in terminal.

xattr -cr "drag au plugins here"

sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - "drag au plugins here"

4. atreehaseyes

atreehaseyes Kapellmeister

Download the latest version of Soundtoys, which is 5.3.6. Since you migrated over from your last computer, you're probably using a version that is not compatible with Apple Silicon builds.

https://www.soundtoys.com/m1-capability/

5. Arcadiy Samsonov

Arcadiy Samsonov Newbie

Here's what I noticed. I could find the installed component only with Path Finder, the standard finder does not see it. The component is three times smaller than the installation file. During installation, a message appears (This package will run a program to determine if the software can be installed). Attached skeenshots. Many thanks

Attached Files:

6. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

I have had no issues with Soundtoys, I usually run in rosetta mode so I have everything available and rarely do I run Logic natively. I have not checked to see if these show in native mode. I had an issue with Softube plugins where they only showed up in native mode and did not show with rosetta enabled. The fix was to open logic in native mode rescan the plug ins and then they appeared in rosetta mode. Also with perfect drums, it didnt show up for like 3 dyas then randomly showed up in my plugin list... so I have no idea what could help other than using soundtoys manager installer and running in rosetta

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

That worked for me:
    start logic in rosetta mode, and resatrt teh validation.after that restart logic in native mode.
    But anyways they seam not to run stable.
    please write soundtoys and ask for an update
    I wonder if we will ever see ilok get native,

8. BigM

BigM Guest

There's a small doubt that this guy told that plugins worked in previous m1 macbook and stopped working after migration. Sometimes rosetta fixes some issues. If not clean installation may help.

You can find some plugin content inside your /Library/Application Support/ folder.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2021
  9. Arcadiy Samsonov

Arcadiy Samsonov Newbie

Thanks guys for the help. The problem was solved very simply. 1) Launched Logic without rosetta. 2) Launched Logic in rosetta mode. 3) Rescanned non-working plugins. Voila, everything works. I would be glad if someone can help my advice

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Interesting is that the soudtoys components are not seen as bundle but as folder here, I removed and downloaded / installed them multiple times with the same result:

[​IMG]

11. BigM

BigM Guest

I already got the same issue with spire, but i fixed it by just randomly trying some terminal commands i can't remember the exact one but maybe codesign/xattr -cr/chmod +x. feel free to try.

12. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

codesigning or de-quarantise doent change a thing.
    It is a shame that a company like Soundtoys do not release a version which works properly, where even smaller developers offer meanwhile native apple silicon support.

Anyone interested in buying an iLok with licenses ? I have no longer interest in ilok

13. Arcadiy Samsonov

Arcadiy Samsonov Newbie

I display exactly the same