Soundtoys On x64

Discussion in 'PC' started by Catalyst, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Trying to iron out the problems in why Soundtoys.Native.Effects.v4.1.8-R2R isn't working on Windows 8 x64. It worked for me when I was on Windows XP x86 but when bridging I keep getting VST failed to load on 8. I have a theory that it's not really my version of Windows that's the problem but the new iSuck (sorry I mean iLok) crapware drivers now called the iLok License Manager...isn't that cute it almost makes you forget the fact that you're installing malware. Does anyone on a 64 bit platform irrespective of Windows version have Soundtoys 4.1.8 working? The prize is that if we work together perhaps we can figure out a solution that would help people in the future get this bundle working but I need your help to do it.

So if you have it working I need to know
    1) your OS version.
    2) the name of your installed iLok drivers or better yet the version number.
    3) anything you feel might be of importance. Thanks. :wink:

3. Genieass

Genieass Newbie

I installed it With No problems at all ! Windows professional x 64 Reaper 64 bit.

Try this---- install the latest ILOK lisence manager --restart---then install R2R soundtoys 4.1.8
    scan your plugins folder in your DAW and it should show up..

N>B ! The pace driver will start when you Restart which is what this release is dependant on !

Good luck !

:wink:

4. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Hello my brother...

1) Windows 7 64bit 6.1.7601 SP1 build 7601
    2) Pace iLok version 2.0.0.0256
    3) 64 bit is bridged with jBridge, and as I said earlier this bridged plugins only not work in Adobe Audition CC- bug on scan... just crash

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Genieass
    I did it exactly that way. I had to bridge because they're 32 bit but bridging fails with a VST failed to load message on all plug-ins.

nikon
    Thanks for the feedback mate. Maybe then it is Windows 8. :dunno:

I have 2.3.1.494 and it's not working. I will try to find older iLok drivers and see if that's the issue but possibly it is the OS.

6. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

working fine on windows 7. However I had some problems recently, my antivirus decided after several months that a few plug ins from 4.1.8. were trojans. Try viewing the antivirus history and restore them. Or re install with antivirus off

7. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Catalyst, i'll PM you something about this. Cheers!

8. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

My pace ilock is 32bit version... and it's located in c:\program files(x86)\common files\pace anti piracy\

Behind that I also have eLicencer which is used by arturia stuff.

This pace is used by PT10 also, after last install of 10.3.7 version I see pace is updated too. Maybe you could try to install PT10 for the test and see if it's work.

I think Antares EVO use pace too, maybe try this plugin for test also.

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

How did you install the 32-bit version on a 64-bit OS, I tried to do that but the installer doesn't allow it. I will try your suggestions thank you. :bow:

10. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

hm... by location is in x86 program files, so it's probably 32bit, but I think PT update 64bit and 32bit

11. floond

floond Platinum Record

I was using the old 4.1.4 release, but just installed v4.1.8 to see if it worked. Had no problems on Windows 7 x64, using old PACE drivers named tpkd x64 v5.9.6 and jBridge 1.5.

Edit: The GUI still freezes on this version if I hold the mouse down on a knob for a while / have the presets menu open. Is there a fix for this? I figured it was the old vst sdk bug but still?

12. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

I have 2.3.1.494 too and it's working on my cubase 7.5 under windows 7 64 bits :thumbsup:

13. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

with jbridge 1.3 it doesnt happen as much.

14. floond

floond Platinum Record

Interesting, I'll give that a try thanks!

15. gurujon

gurujon Kapellmeister

Catalyst, you are absolutely right about iSuck-pace-crap. I didnt have have exactly your problem, but I bought a brand new Carillon PC, installed all my stuff, everything was honky dory. Then Installed iLok and it totally screwed up my soundcard. It took a while to figure it out, but Im 100% sure, the iLok/pace drivers actually damages my computer. I tried to install them without any warez installed. I tried different FW-cards, I contacted both Presonus and Carillon and they didnt have a clue.
    Now I just use the computer without those drivers and voila, no problemo.

16. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

the most other guys above talking about win 7 and on win 7 it is working !

but i also use win 8 x64 and it is not working also the plugins for the old pace ilok patcher does not work as well anymore on win 8 x64 !

17. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

That really sucks. Oh well at least we know now that Win 8 is a no go for R2R's Soundtoys 4.1.8. I wonder if it's within R2R's ability to upgrade this version to work on 8. :dunno:

18. n12n0

n12n0 Kapellmeister

No offense against R2R. Great Crew. But as already mentioned unfortunately the iLok/PACE patching for Win8 needs some fixes.

before than those Win8 guys have to stick to the good old and flawless working TEAM AiR Version "SoundToys.Native.Effects.VST.RTAS.v4.0.2".
    Cause of some strange behaviors of the 4.1.8-R2R even i went back to this one.

I can only say that this release is working on both versions 32&64 bit of Win7 + Cubase5 & Cubase7 also 32 and 64bit. Also I gave that 4.0.2 to a friend of mine who runs it on Win8 64 in combination with cubase5 Air release so DAW@32bit. according to the copy protection of that 4.0.2 it should stay that jbridge->go situation for 64 bit DAW users too.

peace

19. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Did you try installing the 32-bit version of the iLok License Manager? Perhaps it's because you're using a 64-bit version.

20. Levitate

Levitate Producer

I actually decided to give this another go last night as I had problem with the 4.0.2 Air version on Win 7 64 bit,i kept getting sound pops.I uninstalled that one last night and installed the 4.1.8 R2R one and it works with no pops.! Always wanted to try these but never could,sweet! Yeah I've heard Win 8.1 has issues with a few things Jbridge mainly. I did an 8.1 install on a laptop and played with it for a lil while,it does seem like windows is a lil faster loading wise and on the net.I'm still running 7 on mine because of all the nightmares I heard about Jbridge,but I've also seen guys use Jbridge 1.5 and they only pick one option and it loads can't remember which option. I honestly think 1.5 was better than 1.6b3,but either one did the job on my system. On the hunt for the new one though

21. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks for the feedback Lev. I really want to use the Soundtoys 4.1.8 on Windows 8 (not even 8.1) and I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out a way to do it because the 4.0.2 has some bugs including a bug where the sliders don't properly display values during automation. I also really need to buy jBridge so I can get the tech support and I want to support J because it's a good piece of software...when it works. It's one of those stupid things that I've been slacking on because I'm always so busy.