Soundtoys Little Plate Reverb - FREE For A Limited Time Only!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Nov 7, 2017.

1. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

gotta say, the thing is lit! ...Played it for hours on Dexed. :thumbsup:

2. Willum

Willum Rock Star

3. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

ive been there , dude. still too expensive and that sale will not last for a long run. also, another important factor that acts on me: i'm a sold out to UAD, it is very hard to get me convinced that anything 'native' will sound that great and/or sound better. my top favorite native plugs that sounds really unique and great and that uad doesn't do can be counted only on one hand. all the rest is.. well i'm just not using them ! simple as that lol

4. tek909

tek909 Member

I once was shopping at unnamed music shop, looking at all the plugins & sales. Here, I came to find SoundToys4 with a 50$ price tag. Of course, I said "um yes, I'll take you st4 for 50$". Only to have them not honor their mistake. Hey, you to try and make hay in the sunshine. Right?
    Anyways, maybe we'll see a simplified release. But, I can only wish like some others are... And, it also looks like another verb version is coming soon.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

bloody costly... I never hear anyone raving about them..and the ones I tried at all were unimpressive at best...
    maybe someone can enlighten me as to why they think their products are worth the exorbitant prices

UAD I sort of get.. but I still like my external reverbs better than the Lexicon I got with my duo...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
  6. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Thanks for the heads up!

7. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

I was about to dowload this , and stopped.
    Why do they ask my "iLok User ID"
    I dont remember having to use that to get a plugin registered
    (I mean before using Licence Manager)
    Is that new procedure of newer ilok version ?

8. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

No it is what you see is what you get man, Still if you are not averse to using an additional plugin slot prior to this reverb, Say Voxengo's free
    as accurate as it gets SoundDelay http://www.voxengo.com/product/sounddelay/ or maybe TempoDelay (or both depending on what you are going for) they'd cover your pre-delay. I'd expect the full version will feature pre delay amongst other useful options control wise.
    It is how I got into their newer releases every time after having the old Effects Bundle, I grabbed the little of everything and liked each enough to warrant getting the full fat variety.

Little Radiator and by extension the regular version are two of only a few the very convincing algorithmic based valve preamp gear emulating plugins without including acustica and Nebula stuff into the conversation. If you ever want to get to demo some of the valve/colour mojo adding type plugs that are ace to use with/either pre or post sends/aux stuff including reverbs and parallel compression, Defo keep Radiator in mind.
    Just another tool to deploy in the game of depth perception/distance using separate reverbs for specific elements of the mix as I know you like to do mate, I'm into the method also, Just a suggestion which aids me to add additional "glue" and paint with a broader spectrum of each colour when/if needed :)

Hope that helps/is useful. All the best DD :wink:

9. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

It isn't very recent, It just enables you to use more than one iLOK if you wished to along with registering to a computer if the non-iLOK method is offered. Your iLOK ID is just what you sign in to your iLOK account with but they only use that, Not your password of course in order to deposit a license into your account sufreeman, Then you can use it with an iLOK or tie it to a machine/disk ID, That's all that's changed.
    It was because generation 1 iLOK's had ran out of space for licenses in the case of a good many users due there not being a way with which to remove the demo licenses which was just daft on PACE's front and the devs using the system to bog down our iLOK's with damned demo license files. Another reason they get such a load of cynical scorn and ire from users and non-users alike hey?!

Hope that clears it up, I get confused easily when stuff gets changed around, End up neck deep in PDFs...etc.
    I believe a simple keyfile is the best as people that won't buy just wouldn't buy the stuff anyway whilst those that do want to and can do are mostly very loyal, So trust between both parties is the main force...One day maybe that will be a reality!
    Until then...I can dream of idealism. All the best :wink:

Dean

10. 4ger4ger

4ger4ger Member

No, but you can load it up on a send and delay the input signal with another plugin.

11. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

That would delay the early reflections too and make it sound unrealistic in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  12. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Was wondering about that. I guess it depends what predelay actually adjusts. The time before early reflections are heard or the time before the tail. Never really thought about that too much. To be honest, I don't know that I'd even need an adjustment for that in my workflow. I'm usually using plates to add some thickness to the vocal, not for space design. For that I use an actual room convolution because I feel it makes the space more believable.
    Wonder if this as heavy on the CPU as Abbey Roads Plates is?