Soundtoys Little Plate Reverb - FREE For A Limited Time Only!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Nov 7, 2017.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Soundtoys Little Plate Reverb

[​IMG]

Soundtoys has released Little Plate ($99 value), a detailed emulation of the EMT 140 hardware reverb unit available in VST, AU, and AAX plugin formats (free iLok user account required). The plugin is currently available for free download for a limited time only (the offer ends on November 22nd, 2017).

Little Plate is available for free download via Soundtoys until November 22nd (146 MB download size, ZIP archive, 32-bit & 64-bit VST/AU/AAX plug-in format for Windows & macOS).

!! Attention Soundtoys 5 Bundle Owners !!

You may have already noticed that a license for Little Plate was deposited in your iLok account. We went ahead and automatically deposited it for you prior to the launch so you don’t need to go through the process of signing up for it or even logging into your account. Just download the appropriate installer, run it, open your host application, and follow the steps to activate.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 18
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Maduka

Maduka Kapellmeister

Thanks for the info.. Brother

4. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

Already downloaded. This thing sounds great.

5. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

And as always their site is down.

6. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

down here also.
    what a drag : (
    looks good to..

oops.. ok i finally got through but now it says i need an ilok account??
    really?

7. petepx

petepx Kapellmeister

A big part of the music software industry is ilok driven, it's not new.

8. Jeffriezal

Jeffriezal Producer

awww man... need the iLok..

9. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

It sounds like this needs to be in your account list at soundtoys to work with ilok? Their website is like a time machine to dialup.. ugg signed up and I see it is in my ilok acct.

10. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

You only have to sign up for an account, you don't need to have a ilok dongle :)
    and its a good download for free

11. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Only need a account - not a ilok dongle :)

12. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

I'm gonna wait for the 'big one'. iLok "anything" is like repellent to me.

13. Friggy

Friggy Guest

Got this downloaded last night. Activation is always easy. Open the ilok manager, send the license to the computer, log out and close the manager. No dongle needed.

Can't wait to test this next to vnxt emt140.

14. Indigenous

Indigenous Member

when I last installed the iLok manager it broke my cracked iLok plugs....

15. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Downloaded, installed, and Happy :)

16. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

not here, on mac.

17. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Yeah thanks for the info & gotta agree for a freebie this a really cool little reverb.
    Installation no problems & Sounds really good :yes:

18. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

thanks for the heads up, Haven't missed a SoundToys freebie since they started with DevilLoc and they are all great as their full versions and by now absolutely classic effects processing plugs :wink:

For anyone that is totally anti-iLok and I fully understand the position people take on such protection methods,
    Just from the free stuff alone it is certainly worth considering a machine that you could use in conjunction with
    say Vienna Ensemble Pro in order to route and utilize a second, inexpensive (if you have enough shekels spare to do so),
    In order to take advantage of the freebies that come along.

Including the SoundToys stuff I've had plenty of others well worth the price of an iLok dongle thingy or the other method they offer, Off the top of my head - Eventide's UltraChannel 2 being one which is a fantastic channel strip plugin that I get tons of use from, It is only second to my "go to" choice in the form of Metric Halo's ChannelStrip. Then a recent one promoted by Eventide/Newfangled Audio's Equivocate which is definitely a handy tool for gratis, A strange but very effective FSU type affair by FREAKSHOW INDUSTRIES called Back Mask, I can not recall if that required an iLok or not though so I can not say for certain if it does/I'd have to check.

I'm having a memory block but I know there has been more over the years and yeah as said worth just considering even if it is a laptop that doesn't pack much grunt, It'll handle probably more than you might think with Vienna's Ensemble Pro as just a DSP farm that you can easily use as the machine you use for online and also testing out new stuff. It is pretty much what I do with this laptop FWIW.

I'm not trying to preach though, I fully understand if such totally breaks your own personal code/principles of heavy, OTT copy protection. As I've always been a Dididesign/Avid Pro Tools user the iLOK dongle was never not an optional part of my setup and I'm set in my ways, Changing to something else would slow me/my workflow down even though I can get by using other DAW applications for multi-track recording, editing and mixing down, I'm just far past the stage of being ingrained with what I started working ITB with, I utilize Ableton Live for my creative platform which is where it so damned good, I could not just use one or the other as they each deliver me a very different approach which work fantastic in tandem/as a duo. REAPER is bloody good and customization is just incredible which I bought a license for in the case that somehow Avid push me too far by fucking things up which they are rather good at doing, I thought at v8 of Pro Tools they had seen the light but that didn't last, Digidesign got swallowed up into Avid and a lot of good, talented people got fucked over and brands just sold off or dumped...That was a time I almost threw in the towel using Pro Tools honestly. If you have a MAC or built a Hackintosh then LOGIC Pro is probably the DAW for you, It's so deep if you need it to be or really straight forward if you don't. I can use SONAR which comes with plenty of sounds and stuff in the platinum edition although I do not like the method Cakewalk went in using bloody STEAM as protection, My kid's play games on that platform! I also can get by using MAGIX Samplitude and Sequoia and I think they are great sound wise, They definitely have excellent engines and summing, I'm not adept enough to go to deep with either though. Then other options I have and use are former Sony, Now MAGIX Sound Forge Pro for editing audio along with using it to digitize my music collection, I've used it for homebrew gorilla mastering/final touches, Renoise is great and once anyone gets comfortable enough/familiar with the old tracker style, It offers so much using some samples, a couple of instrument plugins and just the QWERTY keyboard, It's so quick to use but again offers plenty of depth if wanted, XT-Software EnergyXT is another one I like as it is not like any regular DAW, I mainly make use of the application on it's "modular" page/layout which enables plenty of creative options, Splitting signals into all manner of user defined split-band from source that lets me go nuts processing and effects wise then back into a regular mono or stereo format to render. Live 10 is nigh and I'm looking forwards to that a lot especially the way Cycling 74's Max is now totally integrated instead of having to launch upon inserting a device amongst many other things, Better MIDI editing being another sorely needed upgrade. I know some switched to Bitwig Studio and it's probably a fine alternative, I'm just too set in my ways to do such.

All the best as always to all :)

Dean

19. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Is there any predelay adjustment on this?

20. GodHimSelf

GodHimSelf Platinum Record

!! ATTENTION !!

I was able to buy the entire Sound Native bundle for 180€ during an offer, after getting a FREE little alter boy from one of this promotions. I'd advise that if anyone is planning on buying any of these, consider just getting it for a later very considerable discount.
    Love,
    D.

21. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

i haz an ilok dongle, and i love collect them freebies

and btw, one of the greediest companies out there is probably Sonnox Oxford, not only their shit is overpriced, overhyped, but in years i have never seen them doing sales.. and you can forget about counting on them them for giving away anything ..

can't wait till someone (audioutopia, r2r or whatever) does a huuge kick in the box and scatters their shit everywhere for all.. :bleh: