SoundToys does without iLok

Discussion in 'Software' started by kokorico, Nov 20, 2018.

1. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

All SoundToys plug-in owners can now download the v5.3 update. This new version brings two major innovations: the official support of Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave with the correction of graphic problems, and the code activation which allows new buyers to do without an iLok account, the latter becoming optional. In addition, the new owners of the SoundToys 5 bundle will benefit from Little Plate.
    Audiofanzine France

No Ilok= new upates for sister sites?
    What do you think about that?

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Why do I need an iLok account?
    Last Updated: Nov 13, 2018 03:01PM EST
    With the release of version 5.3.0, now you don't! Soundtoys products can now be activated with an Activation Code and no iLok account. If you already have an iLok account and you would like to use iLok to manage your Soundtoys licenses, you still can!

If you don't have an iLok account but you would like to take advantage of the license management features that iLok offers, you can create an iLok account for free at iLok.com. You can activate your licenses from your iLok account to your iLok USB key or computer using the activation prompt that you see when you start your DAW after installing Soundtoys plug-ins, or using the iLok License Manager application on your computer.

http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2135811-why-do-i-need-an-ilok-account-

-----------------------------------------

Soundtoys 5 Free Trial Instructions
    Last Updated: Nov 22, 2016 05:56PM EST
    You can try Soundtoys 5 for FREE for 30 days! You will need a free iLok account*, but iLok USB keys are NOT required.

Instructions
    1. Visit Soundtoys.com/demo and fill out the form.
    2. Check your email and follow the link to the download page
    3. Download the correct version for your computer.
    4. Run the installer (Windows users MUST check the box to install the iLok License Manager)
    5. Open your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
    6. Click "Try" in the Soundtoys Activation Window and then enter your iLok account details.*
    7. Use the plug-ins!

http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2651969-soundtoys-5-free-trial-instructions
    -----------------------------------------

They make the reading confusing for some :woot:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  4. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Release Log

5.3.0 Update (macOS and Windows)

macOS and PC:

• Plug-in activation window now includes support for Activation Codes, which will be distributed to customers who purchase a new product (not an upgrade) from our web store, and will allow those licenses to be activated without an iLok account (optional).
    • Little Plate is now included in the 5.3 license group for new Soundtoys 5 customers.

macOS-only:

• macOS Mojave is now officially supported.
    • Graphics issue that was causing several components of the Soundtoys graphical user interfaces to display incorrectly on macOS Mojave has been resolved.

Note
    I own the Soundtoys 5 bundle so they will give me an Activation Code if they will release a new (Sound)toy. WTF.

5. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

J'en pense qu'ils n'ont pas dû branler sur la protection, j'ai la complète légale, mais j'avoue que se serait bien que se soit un jour sur le site soeur =)

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

What makes me rejoice is not just that we will probably get the opportunity to test an unrestricted trial of SondToys, but also [hopefully] less processing overhead and faster loading of plugins. :wink: iLok is really shit. Hopefully others will follow suit. [PSP...]

p.s. The only advantage of iLok is that you can keep all of your licenses in one place. So reinstallation of your plugins is easier. That's all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. vuuru_keg

vuuru_keg Platinum Record

so can old costumers convert their iLok to non-ilok license? or its for new customers only?
    its a great move from soundtoys tbh, everybody dislike ilok and they very restricted way its working.
    now i wonder how it will affect cracking it and the warez availability of it... curious about that, guess well wait and see

8. playtime

playtime Rock Star

My SoundToys 5 bundle is still on iLok. Reading F.A.Q. I understood that existing users can deactivate their licences on iLok and activate with email address/serial registered with SoundToys :dunno:
    Anyway, good news. A great company with great plugins and support!

9. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

That moment when you bought the bundle few days ago and it will probably pop up on the sister site on Christmas.

10. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

Nowhere does it say Soundtoys no longer uses iLok - they just say you now no longer need an iLok *account* - you can just enter the activation code and email into the plugin, rather than into your iLok account. You can still use the account method, and you can still use USB iLoks if you want to as well, which shows that the iLok protection is still there.

So I think the protection is still iLok, don't get too excited... (there is a Black Friday sale on, if you want to pick up some bargains in the meantime...)

11. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Maybe something like izotope protection scheme which is also "soft" ilok implemented into their own softwares rather than go through ilok manager (which still needs to be installed, since it remains soft ilok protected) ? :dunno:

Still izotope gets systematically cracked with every new products. Hopes can probably be entertained regarding soundtoys. :)

12. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

Now I'll finally consider buying their plugins. They're the shit, and when they give away plugins for free then you become an owner and are eligible for discounts for the bundles and such. I didn't want to deal with iLok having them on the sister site, but now we're onto something!

Interesting stuff!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Soundtoys 5 Free Trial Instructions
    Last Updated: Nov 22, 2016 05:56PM EST
    You can try Soundtoys 5 for FREE for 30 days! You will need a free iLok account*, but iLok USB keys are NOT required.

Instructions
    1. Visit Soundtoys.com/demo and fill out the form.
    2. Check your email and follow the link to the download page
    3. Download the correct version for your computer.
    4. Run the installer (Windows users MUST check the box to install the iLok License Manager)
    5. Open your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)
    6. Click "Try" in the Soundtoys Activation Window and then enter your iLok account details.*
    7. Use the plug-ins!

Problem is they haven't updated all their information on the site one link goes to new protection options but the trial link has the above info, very confusing for new trial users.

EG:
    Soundtoys FAQ

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  14. Denise.Audio

Denise.Audio Producer

Interesting development, I wonder what made them make the move...:dunno:

15. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

maybe they realized warez is a form of free promotion? better later then never dear cubase developers!