(soundtoys.com) Sie-Q

Discussion in 'Software News' started by desperate, Sep 29, 2016.

1. desperate

desperate Member

[​IMG]

Sie-Q

A Very Boutique EQ.
    Achieve spacious highs, smooth lows, and great tones fast. This model of German engineering brings a whole new color to your EQ palette.

[​IMG]

Classic Color

In our quest to capture unique tones and colors from the world of hardware, we dug deep into the Soundtoys gear museum and found a little known gem: the Siemens W295b. It impressed us so much that it became the the inspiration for our first EQ. Sie-Q faithfully captures the hardware’s smooth curves, airy highs and ease of use, allowing you to get the tone you want fast, without a lot of hassle.

Of course, in classic Soundtoys tradition, we’ve also carefully modeled its saturation character so you can hit it hard and get the real analog vibe of the hardware. The magic of this classic piece is now in your hands, and in your mix.

Great Highs

The stand out feature of Sie-Q, like the original, is its amazing high end. It adds space and air, and feels perfect on any track, no matter how much you boost. Turn up the High knob to breathe life into vocals, or pull it back on bright acoustic guitars and cymbals to create a silky sheen. Sie-Q is also a fantastic addition to your master bus–just a touch of the High band can add life and openness. , Is your mix sounding a little too digital? Combining Sie-Q and Decapitator in the Soundtoys Effect Rack is the perfect remedy.

EQ with IQ

Like the original, Sie-Q is an EQ that’s hard to make sound bad. One of the things we love so much about the W295b is that even though it’s over half a century old, the design is as intelligent today as it was back in the 60s. When you use it, it just feels like all the hard work has been done for you.

Designed for broadcast, its frequencies and curves were carefully chosen to keep things sounding good no matter what. And this clever design translates perfectly to tracking and mixing records, too. From full mixes, to sub mixes, to vocals and guitars, to drums and percussion this EQ helps you find the sweetness with no hassle.

Sie-Q is FREE for anyone through October 13th.

Source
    http://www.soundtoys.com/product/sie-q/

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Wow! thank you for posting this. $130 Sountoys plug-in for free eh? Don't mind if I do!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. big_lebowski

big_lebowski Noisemaker

I've just activated it and it sounds great!!!

5. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

Downloading right now!!!

6. You need an ilok account to get it.

7. BumBcL0t

BumBcL0t Producer

By getting this for free you'll also be able to part exchange it to get the whole Soundtoys 5 bundle at a reduced cost. I have 4 of their free plugins now and the whole bundle will only cost me $300! Not bad at all for a great set of plugs. Thank you so much for posting this!

8. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

Thanks for the info :wink:

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

will wait for R2R, dont like using anything from/with iLok/pace!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Galactico_B

Galactico_B Ultrasonic

Great find thank you very much!!!:mates:

11. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Thanks for the headsup!! and advice to EVERYONE: even if you don't plan on using this, Soundtoys is GREAT about purchasing the full version and taking money off for any of their free or donation wear plugins, .... Last holidays, when they gave away different plugs for 4 weeks, and with some other freeware I got from them, I was able to buy the whole Soundoys V5 for just around $100... and it was the best money I ever spent on plugins. So get this NOW!!!

12. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

...and I can understand what Articstorm is saying, i hate ilok as well... but even if you don't install it, get it on a soundoys account linked to yourself for future reasons...

(fortunately their new ilok implantation is dongle free if you like, so that helps a great deal...), but hesitation on all things iLok? I'm with you there friend... but looking forward, it would be remiss NOT to just pick it up...

13. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

14. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

@fiction Sie-Q is wider.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Same. I picked up the bundle for $300 just off grabbing their giveaway plugs. Although I paid $5 apiece for them because I felt too ashamed to take them for free :dunno: money well spent.

16. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

ha! I did the same, 5$ apiece if I remember correctly (and it was going to a good charity...!).... but when they had their july sale, and they also usually have one around black friday or the holidays etc... 1/2 off, when you have those, and presumably this, well, you will not regret it... I know you have been going legit on most things CavEmp, and i'm with you, but definitely want to save some dollars when I can!.... as I said, I got the Soundtoys suite for around $100.... and am VERY thankful I did... they are pretty much my number 1 FX type plugs outside of stock daw stuff...

17. Alex Philipp

Alex Philipp Platinum Record

Nice sounding plugin! But when it work it cut waveform. Check with Smexoscope or similar.

18. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

Thanks for the heads up!

19. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

You're absolutely right. And Sie-Q looks much more like vintage gear, so it must be better :winker:

20. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah I'm happy to say I've basically gone completely legit, but believe me I'm all for saving money. I've been getting stuff used lately. I got Presswerk used... Fabfilter Saturn... UVI Relayer... maybe one or two others that I'm not remembering at the moment. Tbh it makes almost no sense to buy new if you can get it used and and developer doesn't have annoying policies like Spectrasonics' "no upgrade pricing for 2nd hand licenses" crap. I still have to pick up Fabfilter Pro-MB and then everything I have installed will be owned. Maybe if I'm lucky someone on GS will sell it for $100-130. Though I own a couple FF plugs so I get it at 20% off from fabfilter directly, which isn't terrible.

But agreed regarding the usefulness of Soundtoys. I have a bunch of stuff now, but if I had to I could make music forever with just ST, Izotope, Image Line, and u-he.

21. Willum

Willum Rock Star

This is also included in the new v5.1, so if you have bought soundtoys just download the update.