Soundtoys 5 is out (!)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Oysters, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Soundtoys 5 brings together our entire range of audio effects into one powerful collection. Includes all 18 Soundtoys plug-ins.

Saturate, compress and distort with Decapitator, Radiator, and Devil-Loc. Get a virtual history of echo and delay hardware with EchoBoy and PrimalTap. Transform your vocals with Little AlterBoy. Recreate classic studio pitch, chorus and widening effects with Crystallizer and MicroShift. Take modulation to new levels with the beat-synced rhythmic effects of PanMan, Tremolator, FilterFreak, and PhaseMistress.

All of these individual elements are proven, powerful tools, trusted by professional mix engineers, musicians and sound designers everywhere. But combined in the new Soundtoys Effect Rack, they are indeed the ultimate effects collection.

The new Soundtoys Effect Rack is the centerpiece of Soundtoys 5. It turns a tried-and-true collection of powerful individual plug-ins into a virtually unlimited creative multi-effects system.

The Effect Rack makes it simple to build your own custom effect chains and define your signature sound. And when you’ve created the perfect combination of effects, the Rack’s global controls let you treat the whole rack as a single plug-in.

Lock rhythmic effects to a single tempo, or let them run free. Fine tune the input and output levels, and use the global mix control to blend your effect in with the dry signal. Then experiment with the powerful new global Recycle control. By mixing the output of the rack back into the input, you can build your own modulated reverbs, over-the-top delays and other unique ambience effects that would require complicated routing to accomplish in most DAWs.

Work Smarter

The Effect Rack integrates all of the individual Soundtoys effects into a single plug-in, which improves workflow by displaying an entire custom effect processing chain at once. You won’t need to juggle multiple plug-in windows to adjust parameters, add new effects, or change their routing. The Effect Rack keeps everything right at your fingertips.

Choose from our range of carefully-crafted presets to find the perfect jumping-off point. Or quickly design, save and recall combinations of your favorite Soundtoys effects—all in one self-contained plug-in.

You no longer need to use a hardware dongle. Set yourself free to work wherever, and however you want.

With computer-based authorization, free up precious USB ports for audio interfaces and MIDI controllers. Studio pros can still use Soundtoys 5 with their iLok USB keys to manage all of their plug-in licenses. All Soundtoys 5 plug-ins come with two activations. Use one at the studio, and the other on your home machine or laptop.

Slide open an effect’s Tweak panel to access special circuit-level controls. Or design your own unique modulation patterns.

Many Soundtoys effects offer special Tweak panels which expose deeper editing features. Here you can find advanced options for a plug-in, like a choice of saturation styles, fine control of an effect’s groove, or a selection of different delay algorithms. Our modulation effects offer powerful shape and rhythm editors here for creating complex motion. And in Soundtoys 5, we’ve redesigned our Tweak panels to make advanced controls easier to find and use. The result: an incredibly customizable set of sonic tools that you’ll want to use on every project.

Effects that move to your rhythm. With any shape you can imagine.

An LFO (Low Frequency Oscillator) is at the heart of every modulation effect — it’s what gives tremolos, phasers, panners and sweeping filters their characteristic motion.

Our included library of LFO shapes goes far beyond standard modulation effects, giving you curves based on vintage modulation effects, amps and instruments as well as more abstract shapes. You can also draw and sculpt your own totally customized shapes using our Shape Editor. Use it to dream up new LFO shapes, from knife-edged waves to gently ebbing curves.

Our Rhythm Editor is like a rhythmic modulation sequencer. Choose a length (in bars) and the size of the steps you want to edit (sixteenth notes, eighth notes, quarter notes, etc), then start clicking to make a new pattern. You can turn individual steps on and off to create pauses or rests, and adjust the level and length of each step to humanize your pattern and give it some musical variation. You can even choose the number of beats per bar to create some funky syncopation or odd-time-signature grooves. Like our custom shapes, custom patterns are even swappable between plug-ins. And, of course, you can lock everything to the master tempo of the Soundtoys Effect Rack or your favorite DAW for solid, dead-simple synchronisation.

What’s New in Soundtoys 5?

Effect Rack
    • Create custom effect chains and quickly save and recall your signature sounds
    • Dive in with dozens of carefully crafted presets
    • Control your favorite Soundtoys effects without navigating multiple windows
    • Mix, blend and lock effects to tempo with global controls
    • Design one-of-a-kind reverb and echo effects with the Feedback control
    PrimalTap
    • Inspired by the Lexicon Prime Time—full of 80s vibe and character
    • Get vintage digital delay sounds, from smooth shimmery echos to lo-fi grime
    • Go beyond the original with longer delay time, enhanced modulation and more
    • Freeze and loop audio and twist it into entirely new sounds
    • Create wild pitch jumps and lo fidelity sounds with the Multiply knob
    Little AlterBoy
    • Change the range or even gender of vocals with pitch and formant shifting
    • Create harmony effects easily using the mix control
    • Snap vocals to pitch for the ever-popular hard-tune effect
    • Robotize vocals or use MIDI control for vocoder-like effects
    • Give vocals warmth or edge with modeled tube drive
    Flexible Authorization
    • iLok dongle is now optional
    • Authorize on up to two computers with no iLok key required
    Plug-in Enhancements
    • Global Improvements:
      • Redesigned Tweak menus make deep editing features easier to use
      • Improved MIDI timing and tightness
    • EchoBoy:
      • Extra delay time—now supports up to 15 seconds
    • Crystallizer:
      • Extra-long delay time of 20 seconds
      • Gate and duck controls for dynamic, responsive effects
    • Tremolator:
      • New Feel control for creating off-the-grid rhythms

https://www.soundtoys.com/product/soundtoys-5/

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    • Interesting Interesting x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

So, no dongle and fx rack?
    Little for a new version...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

you do also get all the other plugins chucked in too... things like Radiator, PrimalTap, MicroShift, Litte AlterBoy & Devil-Loc Deluxe. which is nice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

and you get 2 licenses! my update was just 85$ and i got every "little" plugin upgraded to the full version.

6. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Only been a year since it was announced :)
    But looks good and sounds good and effects rack has loads of presets.
    Reminds me of Reason (without the instruments, ha, ha) :)

7. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

Ok so now i might actually buy this

8. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

I just got on mail that Soundtoys 5 Has Arrived! and link on their page. Anyone test it yet how is it ?

9. rosko

rosko Ultrasonic

What's the difference between their fx rack & just stacking the plugs in a daw?

10. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

It's mostly convenience, but there is a feedback style 'recycle' effect added and a global dry/wet knob

It's incredible!

11. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It looks better :bleh:

12. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

Can't wait for some group to release crack for it :D

13. dikkiedik

dikkiedik Member

Works like a charm here. The rack is crazy for mangling and soud design. In the mix I stick to the separate plugins. Most used plugs must be Devil-Loc, Radiator and Echoboy for mixing, and Crystalizer and Tremolator for mangling.

Update was way overdue but I'm happy with what they put up. Great company,

14. statik

statik Audiosexual

no more dongle, this has go to be the best update of all time

15. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

Please note that requests are not allowed on AudioSEX.
    While certain mod made no difference between request and wishful thinking, I'm going to assume you didn't request it, just wished it'd happen. :yes:
    Still, next time you made such post, consider what good it actually make. It won't bring out the software to 'us' any faster. :no:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

anyone who is interested... in a couple weeks... prolly less than two, I amselling my native fx SOundtoys bundle... free upgrade to v5 so... you'll have v5... gonna post on kvr

17. Thermaltake

Thermaltake Noisemaker

Not a request just saying. Won't happend again.

I already install 30 day trial to check it out.

18. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

It's a fantastic update and as a long time Soundtoys customer I couldn't be happier with v5

The rack I use in the same manner I utilitze Native Instrument's Guitar Rig, However it is obviously far less flexable than Guitar Rig is. Perhaps over time it could/will be developed further to offer more features/functions routing wise with mid/side and multiband splitting/recombining incorporated which would make it superb. I really like the results that are obtainable with ease via Guitar Rig for heavy EQ, Dynamic and Effects processing along with Mangling/FSU. That said regarding GR, I much prefer Soundtoys' processors & effects.

Ah it might just be wishful thinking/hope on my part but I will still pop it in as a feature request/suggestion, It can't do any harm can it? I know it wouldn't be as easy a task to implement as it sounds but the Soundtoys' team are certainly more than capable of delivering...Time will tell. It is just a nice additional feature at the moment/it's first incarnation.

Top notch as always from Soundtoys and no longer requiring an iLok/iLok2 will no doubt bring them customer's whom have wanted to do business with them for years but will not tollerate dongles, So it ought to be win win on all sides :wink:

All the best to all as always

19. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

It's still ilok protected. I only guess that pace changes their technology to an online-based algorithm and now all plugin developers claim freedom from dongles. Nice marketing perk.