Soundtheory

Discussion in 'Software' started by Harish Pamu, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Harish Pamu

Harish Pamu Kapellmeister

Hi guys, i need some sage advice from you peeps..

so turns out i am eligible for a student discount on Gullfoss.. i wanted to know if anyone knows whether a student discount can be used on top of the black Friday deal, or is 50% off the best it can ever get and i can't club both of them.

i wanted to send them a mail and ask, but i was worried that they might fix the glitch if it wasn't pointed out to them already.

Thanks and regards.

3. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Usually you can't use a student discount on top of other discounts. I have never seen a developer do that at least. With some developers, the student discount is the max amount of discount they will ever offer, but sometimes you can find even greater discounts from online retailers such as Audio Deluxe, Plugin Boutique, JRRshop etc. Even places like Thomann and Sweetwater can sometimes have better discounts than the developers themselves.

Another thing to keep in mind when buying a plug-in with student discount is that you won't be able to sell it later on since they are NFR licenses (Not For Resale).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Harish Pamu

Harish Pamu Kapellmeister

Hello, thanks for the reply,
    i actually asked this because, Antares does allow it. i used the student discount with the 299$ they have on their site right now. i got Autotune pro for 150. i just thought i wouldnt mind waiting a few more months if i could save more like i was able to with autotune. i think i might end up emailing them itself.

NFR shoulndt be an issue i suppose, this is one plugin which ill probably use most of the times :D