Sounds and samples in music production

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by SomebodyIsHere, Dec 12, 2020.

1. SomebodyIsHere

SomebodyIsHere Ultrasonic

Hi guys,
    I have been producing for a while now (Like 6 years). I still sometimes make beats I like or I i don't.
    My biggest challenge is finding sounds and sampling. Like finding emotional sounds to produce with. I know lots of techniques for sampling. Sometimes I find a sound but I only have a sample on a certain note. Even the most advanced pitch shifting algorithm does not let me to get the most out of that sample in production.
    Since I don't record my sounds(Cause I don't have good recording equipment and I am broke asf) I don't have a good sound palette and for some reason I know that biggest difference between my tracks and professional tracks is the instrument sounds and their quality!
    Tools like Kontakt don't provide fast sampling workflow(Its sound editor is shitty) and it just kills inspiration. In addition even if I sample I cannot sample many dynamic layers cause I don't have access to original source.
    The problem with using Kontakt libraries as they are is many people use the same sound with little eq adjustments.
    I know this topic seems like me beating around the bush and the very reason for it is I'm lost.
    Just look at these Hollywood composers, they have a whole orchestra at their disposal.
    Obviously I don't have access to real musicians but I want to sound real and that's why I struggle.
    How can I expand my sound palette? Give me some advice.

3. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Just create your own sound library, I have been creating my sound library for 4 years and it is already 250GB of samples, and that's all for the Magix Independence sampler, there are only sounds I like, nothing else :mates:

https://www.producerplanet.com/gb/list/advent-calender-2020-1727/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2020
  4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Holy crap is it cheap at the moment. For ~ 70€ I'm close to buy the Premium Suite even if I haven't played keys for, err, a long time.
    I think I've already mentioned it, but in terms of handling, to me Independence is far superior to Knotak. :winker:

5. SomebodyIsHere

SomebodyIsHere Ultrasonic

Does it have expression map? Like changing dynamic layers while playing on the fly?

6. Recoil

Recoil Guest

7. curtified

curtified Rock Star

loopcloud - for finding full samples and loops.
    izotope iris - for one shots and their great time stretch algo. The sampler instantly detects the key of your sample