soundiron emotional piano

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by solo83, Feb 13, 2017.

1. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Has anyone heard a better piano library for RnB and neo soul geared music? If I set the release high it acts as a pedal and sounds flawless. This thing is beastly.

3. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Soundiron always make some great stuff. Some of their libraries really underrated in my own opinion.
    Soundiron other "half" 8Dio make some great libraries also that way even though it a shit company and personally i'd never buy squat from them as heard loads of horror stories and they don't appear to give a toss about their customers.
    Really like emotional piano myself also. :yes:
    Sustain pedals are also dirt cheap now and are great for people who can actually play. Can't play myself but always fun trying lol and have a few foot controllers lying around that can be used to mess with. Makes it sound so much more realistic :keys:
    General rule of thumb is that piano libraries mostly use CC64 for sustain pedal so can always "draw in" modulation or automate with an alternate controller.
    "Best" is always subjective of course :dunno:
    East West Piano's still fabulous for me personally. For me for that sort of stuff think Keyscape gonna prove a clear winner in that area for the whole package etc.
    Spectrasonics stuff normally way out there.
    SonicCouture stuff always rock solid and quality. Hammersmith Pro good for just about all I guess.
    Pianoteq 5 is different approach and real versatile and synthogy Ivory II is good also.
    Imperfect Samples always great sounding though not sure about getting hold of the libraries as heard a few problems sometimes lol :dunno:

New SCARBEE CLASSIC EP-88s looks real cool as rhodes emulation & vintage keys 2 package looks cool that way.
    Neo soul keys pretty useful also and some great Best Service stuff and some alternate engines.
    Still reckon Keyscape gonna prove fantastic as a whole package that covers just about everything u need.
    Lucky 2 have so much choice and spoiled 4 choice with so much great stuff around I guess :bow::yes:

4. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Get Pianoteq, if you are after something that behaves and sounds like a real piano.
    If you are after already produced sound, check Cinesamples - Piano in Blue and 8dio's 1928 piano.

5. djdarkness

djdarkness Kapellmeister

It truly is a fantastic library! Especially when producing rnb and soulful tracks. Can't agree more with you there solo83:).